Mar 18, 2012, 05:57 PM
    I ran 6 gauge wire from my breaker then connected to 10 gauge to my hot tub
    I had a hot tub that ran with 10 gage wire. I bought a new one and was told
    Run 6 Gage from breaker to a sub panel. I was told I could use my 10 Gage
    Wire I already have in place. Is this true
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2012, 03:54 AM
    What is the electrical specifications of the new tub?

Need to know that before assuming that a 30 amp circuit with #10 wire is sufficient.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it safe to replacing a lighter gauge wire with a heavier gauge [ 11 Answers ]

Hi all, One of my baseboard heater (240v)'s wire was broken can I replace it with a heavier gauge wire? Also can different gauge ground wires (copper wire) be connected with a wire-nut? IS THIS SAFE TO DO? OR Will this create a fire hazard?

50 Amp Double Oven Connected to #8 Gauge Wire [ 2 Answers ]

The installation instructions for this double oven read: "This oven requires a separate, grounded 4-wire, 240V (AC), 50 Amp service with its own circuit breaker. Installation must comply with National Electric Code... We strongly recommed connecting this oven to No. 8 gauge copper wire." ...

5o Amp Double Oven Connected to #8 Gauge Wire [ 1 Answers ]

The installation instructions for this double oven read: "This oven requires a separate, grounded 4-wire, 240V (AC), 50 Amp service with its own circuit breaker. Installation must comply with National Electric Code... We strongly recommed connecting this oven to No. 8 gauge copper wire." ...

Proper gauge wire to run to hot tub? [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to run wiring from my main service panel to a hot tub on our back porch. My father was an electrician, so I have a fairly good base of knowledge, but I wish he was alive to help me out. To save on the electrician install, I was going to install the 240 breaker in the box and then run...

View more questions Search