Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamesisland Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2012, 03:06 PM
    Wiring a hunter ceiling fan w/light... to a dual switch outlet
    I have black, red, white and a bare wire from the wall. The fan has green, black, white and black/wire. Per the instructions bookelt I have connected the black to black, white to white, green to green. I still have the red from the wall and bare wire not connected to the fan. Where do I connect the red and bare wires?

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring diagram for dual switch ceiling fan [ 4 Answers ]

OK... I know asked 100 times before... but could someone make sense of this for me. I just about get it... then all the colors start giving me nightmares and I loose it. Here's what I have Power source Black and white wire White connects to switch plates red wire Black power source...

Swapping Dual Light Switch for Dimmer/Three Position Switch for Ceiling Fan [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to swap out a dual switch for a switch that has a dimmer for the ceiling fan light and a three position switch to control the fan. The original wiring had white to white on switch, black to black on switch, and one black from light connected to the top switch pole and the other black...

Wiring hunter fan and light /light to 3 way and fan to on off wall switch [ 4 Answers ]

I now have both fan and light connected to a three way switch. It works fine. I would like to keep the three way with light, and use the fan on another on/off single switch. A three way duplex would do this. The question is, will I have to run another 12/2 line to the fan And can I use the other...

Wiring a Hunter ceiling fan with light [ 3 Answers ]

I am having trouble wiring a Hunter ceiling fan with light. In the ceiling, I have a black, white, bronze and red. In the fan I have two greens, white, black and a black/grey wire. Which go with which? Thanks. K

Wiring for DUAL wall switch to control Ceiling Fan and Light Separately [ 20 Answers ]

Greetings. I recently bought a new ceiling fan and light kit to replace one that had been in my sun porch for over 20 years. A dual wall switch was always used to control the light and fan separately on the older fan. The fan speeds were controlled by pull chain. Before I took the old fan down, I...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.