Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ant123253 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Feb 14, 2007, 03:48 AM
    Pomeranian Troubles
    I have been training my 9 month old pomeranian to do her business on the grass down the stairs for about 2 months now but she doesn't seem to learn!! If I am down there with her she knows where to do it. I feed her and she does it straight away on the grass. I go back upstairs and leave her outside (she stays on the verandah). After a few hours I step out into a nice puddle... I seriously cannot take this anymore, I cannot be with her 24/7 to stay with her downstairs. Why does she only do it on the grass when I'm there!!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2007, 05:35 AM
    Why are you leaving her outside by her self? I am sure that is part of the problem. Dogs are social animals wanting to be with other dogs and their owners. What you need to do is to take her up with you an keep a good eye on her, taking her out when she needs to. For how to do that, see the housebreaking sticky, https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post251809

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pomeranian Toilet Training [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 6 month old pomeranian, when she needs to do a number 1 or 2 she won't go down to the grass she does in on the back verandah in front of the door. How can I teach her to do it on the grass which is down the stairs from the verandah?

Frightened Pomeranian [ 3 Answers ]

We found a 6 month old pomeranian on our doorstep a few months ago. After taking her to the vet to check for micro chip we ended up keeping her. When we first approached her she began to shake violently and when we backed away she relaxed. She is used to us now but whenever a stranger is on the...

How do I train my 5 month old Pomeranian not to go potty in the house? [ 2 Answers ]

A quick remedy for teaching my 5 month old Pomeranian, not to go potty in the house. I just bought him 2 days ago.

Overweight Pomeranian [ 4 Answers ]

Am caring for a neighbor's 5-year-old neutered male Pom. Vet told neighbor that dog is overweight. We need to know what dog's weight should be in order to use feeding charts to help dog loose the excess weight. Does anyone know how to determine this dog's ideal weight?

14 months female Pomeranian renal failure suspect ethylene glycol poison please HELP! [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 14 month old female pomeranian. She was fine two days ago. Then on Saturday, I notice she wasn't barking like she normally do. She wasn't eating. She drank but vomits it right out. On Sunday, she was shaking. The vet clinic was closed on the weekend, so today (Monday) I bought...

View more questions Search