Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    puopolo1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 07:49 PM
    Why does ceiling fan lights turn on and off.
    I have a ceiling fan with a wall mounted remote. The light on the fan keeps turning on and off by itself. This happens all night and day. Does anyone know why? Could it have something to do with the channel? I live near a bridge, could it have something to do with interference from the cars. Please help, I really miss my fan.:( :confused:
    Ace High Posts: 191, Reputation: 22

Feb 8, 2007, 08:23 PM
    I have a couple of those type fans also. When we have a power outage, the fan goes off and the lights come on when power is restored. I have to change them back to the fan being on and the lights being off. I like to run my fans all the time but not the lights. It only happens to one pair of fans that are Hunters fans. I have two other remote fan/lite sets that don't do this but they are a different brand. Hopefully, someone will answer your post with knowledge. --- Ace
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2007, 02:26 AM
    You need to change the frequency of the fan and remote.

See:

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2007, 09:00 AM
    Actually, Ace, with your fans, when the power comes off, the fans will reset, and changing the frequency isn't going to change that. The OP's problem was some RF interference turning the fan and light on and off seemingly at random. I'm glad the information was helpful though!
    jagzz95 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2012, 06:28 PM
    I changed the frequency but the lights on my fan still turn off after about a minute w/out flipping a switch, pressing a button on the remote, or pulling a chain. It's driving me crazy. I also checked all the wire connections and popped open both the remote and the receiver. Both appear OK. This just started happening a few days ago seemingly out of nowhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan lights & fan not operating [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, appreciate any help. It just stop working can't honestly say what stop working first or if it happened at the same time. The switch at the wall is working. So I'm assuming it is getting power? I took the bulbs out and disconneted the lower unit by glance everything appears to be fine. I...

Four ceiling fan lights [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. Big dummy here. I took the light fixture down to tighten up the four light fixtures attached thereon and didn't write down the way it was wired up before I unwired it. :o So. Here I sit with four groups of wires, one black and one white for each light, on the lower half and hanging from...

Ceiling fan won't turn off [ 1 Answers ]

Any suggestions. The fan does not have a wall switch only remote control. We replaced the battery and the red light shows when we push the buttons on the remote, but nothing happens. The other day I went into the room and the fan was on... no one had been in that room for days! Now we can't get...

Lights do not work on the ceiling fan [ 3 Answers ]

The fan will come on when using the fan switch, but when I use the light switch the lights will not come on. Is this a wiring problem or a switch problem? I would like to fix it myself if possible. The ceiling fan was put in with lights attached below in 1995 and the lights quit working about 2...

Ceiling fan and lights go off and on [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 20 AMP circuits to my bathroom running off same circuit breaker. One circuit powers a ground fault receptacle and vanity lights. Other circuit powers ceiling fan, ceiling fan light, a ground fault receptacle and shower light. This circuit goes on and off but GF or breaker do not kick off....

View more questions Search