Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Catorina Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 09:12 AM
    Hard to remove mini spot light from Hampton Bay Ceiling Fixture
    We have a Hampton Bay Ceiling fixture with three mini spot lights. One of the bulbs has blown out and needs to be replaced. However, we are having a problem doing this. There is no room for us to get our hands around the bulb to remove it. The bulbs have 2 prongs that fit into the base and twist to lock.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Cat
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2007, 03:42 AM
    If possible spray some WD40 into the socket, with the power OFF. This may help, along with using a rubber sheet, those used to open jar lids, to help grip the face of the lamp.

Before installing a new lamp, coat the base with WD40, this will help removal later on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay ceiling fan light fixture stopped working but fan still works why? [ 14 Answers ]

New light put in my Hampton Bay ceiling fan, but then after a few days, no light bulbs work but fan runs fine, why is this happening?:confused:

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan - Light Comes On By Itself [ 15 Answers ]

Just installed a Hampton Bay ceiling fan with the remote control for the fan and the light. Old house and I it's my first time installing a fan. Pretty proud and works pretty well. O.K. just a little wobble. After a while of operation, the light comes on without anyone touching the remote. ...

Hampton Bay ceiling light and fan [ 2 Answers ]

Would like to order another hand held remote control unit for my subject fan/light, in case I lose the one I already have. I have the Model #, the FCC ID #, the IC number, and the name of the maker (?) as Rhine Electronic. How do I get hold of the unit I want as I have no phone # nor address?

Hampton Bay Bath Light Fixture - Not Fan related [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My Hampton Bay bath light fixture recently started to act up. It has 3 bulbs and when switched on, one bulb would go off for a minute or so then come back on. It does this on and off. I rewired the connectors and then a different bulb would have the problem. I replaced all the bulbs so it's...

Hampton Bay ceiling fan/light [ 3 Answers ]

I had to take the fan/light down and in doing so don't remember wiring senario that makes the wall switch work the light portion. There are 4 wires coming down from the ceiling of which 2 are still connected. The wiring for the light is still in tact and marked, neutral, light etc. What wires do I...

View more questions Search