Ask
    kevinnee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2007, 06:39 AM
    Dryer trips breaker
    My kenmore dryer trips the breaker
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 08:48 AM
    I am assuming that the dryer has worked well for a long time and this is a new problem. If the breaker trips immediately when you turn the dryer to he on position you have a short. Disconnect the power supply and us a continuity testor to search for a short most likely at or near the heating element.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oven trips breaker [ 1 Answers ]

I am having tile put down and the tile guy moved the stove to tile under it. I used the stove yesterday morning. He tiled under the stove and put it back - unplugged. I went to plug it in this morning and it keeps tripping the circuit breaker. I unplugged the stove and flipped the breaker and...

My Computer trips a 20 amp breaker... [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 500 watt power supply on my computer, and every time I turn it on in the room that I want to keep it in, the breaker goes. Is this normal? I plug the computer into other outlets on other breakers in other parts of my apartment with no problem, but in the 2 bedrooms that the breaker...

Breaker Trips [ 3 Answers ]

My furance Circuit breaker The main from the house input has stated to trip. It has happened twice this past weekend? Any ideas?

3-way bulb burns out and trips breaker? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a burnt 3-way bulb fail and trip the breaker? I was away on vacation with a timer on the light in question and when I came home the breaker that powers the circuit was dead and the 3-way bulb was burnt out. I replaced the bulb and all is fine now.

View more questions Search