Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Enlightened Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2011, 02:47 PM
    Hampton bay ceiling fan remote not working
    I have a Hampton Bay model UC7078t Fan. The Fan and remote were working fine. I moved and took fans with me. Since reinstalled fan remote no longer working. Thinking when the electrician re installed may have changed dipswitches on relay in fan. Can't find manual. Where is the remote relay located in the Fan?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 1, 2011, 04:26 PM

The receover is in the canopy and it has several small switches, dip switches, which must match the hand held remote. You say the remote no longer works but can you run this fan vioa wall switches or pull chains?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan light not working with remote control [ 11 Answers ]

The remote control for my hampton bay ceilng fan will no longer turn the light on or off as well as will not dim. The remote will still control the fan speed and direction but the only way I can turn the light on or off is with the wall switch (no pull cord on fan). Is this a remote control problem...

Hampton Bay Ceiling fan remote stopped working, 3 of them! [ 2 Answers ]

I had a party at my home last night. We have three remotes for three ceiling fans. 1. living room remote, 2. den remote, 3. bedroom remote. 1. Our living room ceiling fan remote got a baloon string wrapped in it and started making a noise and shaking. I plan on removing the string no big...

Hampton bay ceiling fan remote not working [ 1 Answers ]

The sensor light on my Hampton Bay remote does not come on when I try to use it and the fan and light does not respond accordingly. When I flip the switch, the light and fan come on and it is stuck on the last setting the I had it on prior to this issue. Therefore, I can't turn the fan off High...

Hampton Bay Ceiling fan not working with Receiver/Remote [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I bought a Hampton Bay Ceiling fan with a remote. I was able to put up the fan and it works along with the lights. When I tried installing the receiver on the fan, the fan will not work, with the remote, nor manually, as almost like no power is going to it... As soon as I remove the...

Hampton Bay Fan Remote Not Working [ 2 Answers ]

:) Hi, I purchased a fan less than a year ago and the sensor on the remote seems to have gotten some kind of glitch. The little red sensor light stays on continuously, instead of going out after pressing a function. When I shut off the fan, and go to put the remote down, it starts up in high...

View more questions Search