Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrgutzmer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2007, 03:49 PM
    Putting a subpanel side by side with a main panel
    Hello,
    I am looking to put a subpanel side by side with a main panel.
    The sub panel will be connected to the main by a 1 & 1/2 inch metal conduit since the two panels will be electrically connected by the conduit - do I still need to separete the neutral and ground bus?
    Thanks,
    Martin
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2007, 11:28 PM
    Yes, the neutral and ground can only be connected in at the main breaker location.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Side by Side: no ice & red blinking light? [ 4 Answers ]

Help, My Kenmore side by side model # 106.565624 has stopped making ice and a red light next to its on/off switch is blinking. I have replaced the pur water filter and reset the water filtration and flushed the lines. I have also turned off then on the ice maker switch. No change - still...

Kenmore side by side Fridge icemaker model 106.9557651 [ 1 Answers ]

I have an issue with my ice maker over filling? I replaced solenoid still havinbg problem.

Subpanel or main service panel? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I want to put a subpanel in my shop, and was wondering if a main service panel that they sell at say Home Depot is the same thing as a subpanel? I have a 200 amp service to my house, and want to put a 100 amp subpanel in my shop. Does the term "subpanel" just mean that it is wired off the...

Kenmore side by side model # 106.565624 has stopped making ice and a red light [ 1 Answers ]

Was this issue ever resolved? I have the same problem. LbashabrannerJul 15, 2006, 09:09 PM Help, My Kenmore side by side model # 106.565624 has stopped making ice and a red light next to its on/off switch is blinking. I have replaced the pur water filter and reset the water filtration and...

View more questions Search