Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jtrout74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2011, 09:54 AM
    Hampton Bay Fan 52-RDT?
    I have the Hampton Bay Fan 52-RDT in fact 4 in the house. Have noticed a couple have started to make a "humming" noise. Can they be oiled? If yes, any special reservoir? Thanks in advance.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 25, 2011, 05:02 PM
    Motors are sealed, no lubrication points. Humming is usually indicative of a metal part touching the ceiling, for example, and any normal vibration is transmitted. Try tightening all the blades and make sure the fan isolaters are still in place. These are little rubber discs on the ceiling mounting plate. Also make sure the motor housing screws are tight.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 25, 2011, 06:21 PM

Can't give ma a good rating until I spread some around but ma is right

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Hampton bay remote fan, light turns on by itself,also fan will slow or stop . [ 0 Answers ]

Hello just bought a house with a hampton bay fan and light, remote control no pull chains. At night the lights will come on without even touching the remote. Also the fan shut itself off last night. What do I need to do?

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan for about 15 years. The lights work but the fan doe [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay with a light. The light works but the fan does not. I can feel a slight hum of the motor and sometimes it appears the blades may move a bit but really there is nothing. It is about 15 yrs old. I have another one like this, same age and it works fine. Before I start taking...

Hampton bay redington I've ceiling fan 52-RDT [ 3 Answers ]

I bought this fan several years ago. I have the manual but cannot find the receipt. I know that the motor has a lifetime warranty. I pulled the switch for the fan and accidentally pulled it off. The fan won't work now. My electrician replaced the switch but it still won't work. The lights work...

Hampton Bay Redington IV 52-RDT Won't work [ 4 Answers ]

I have noticed that my fan had started to slow down for some reason over the past month and I had turned the light off and turned the fan on last night and thought I would see if the fan had possibly been switched manually to slow so I pulled the switch and it DIED! There was not a sound off any...

View more questions Search