Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    l336ashkicker Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2011, 03:04 PM
    Chamberlain garage door opener Model 248735 won't open all the way
    Pushing the remote or the wall switch will open the door approximately 18" and then it stops. I have taken several steps to troubleshoot the unit.

1. Disconnect the trolley using the rope pull, same result.
    2. Adjusted upforce to the maximum, same result.
    3. Adjusted up travel, same result.
    4. Removed housing to visualize up travel limit, no obstructions, doesn't touch.
    5. Safety eyes adjusted correctly, sensors lit.
    6. Garage door moves freely when trolley is disconnected, no jams.
    7. Torsion springs intact, door is balanced properly.

I had a very similar run of problems lately but I could get the door to go up when I lifted the door manually while the door was going up. That problem happened mostly in the winter and hasn't happened recently.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Kyle_in_rure Posts: 341, Reputation: 10

May 18, 2011, 05:37 PM
    Maybe there is a short in the upforce/travel control? Everything that you say you have done pretty much covers all the bases (I think)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chamberlain 1150lm garage door opener [ 7 Answers ]

Our chamberlain 1150lm garage door opener is opening and closing on its' own throughout the day and night. How do I clear the existing codes on the unit and reprogram the remotes to a new code?

Garage door opener remote won't open the door [ 1 Answers ]

My remote won't open the garage door. Wall mount will open the door, but continues to blink. Suggestions

Chamberlain Whisper Drive Garage Door Opener [ 1 Answers ]

When we had an electrical Storm and I opened my garage door on the next day, they door went open but would not close again. I have electristity in the Garage, just the opener will not work anymore. I have a Chamberlain whisper Drive 1/2 H. P. Could someone please tell me what to do with that,...

Noisy garage door opener, it will not open [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, we are experiencing unusually cold weather, the garage door opener started making a really loud noise, and the opener will not open the door. Please help if you can.

View more questions Search