Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brianmelissa99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2011, 09:13 AM
    My lownmower won't cut grass very well
    When I engage the blades they work and you can here it when I start cutting grass there is a sqeaking sound and the blades slow down and will not cut very well. I have got new blades and still have the problem. What is wrong?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 14, 2011, 09:17 AM

What type of mower is it? It it a tractor with belt driven blades? If so, its possible the spindles the blades attach to have failing bearings. If you took the belt off and disengage the brake brakes do they spin freely?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 14, 2011, 09:56 AM

I think Smoothy is in the right area but I think your belts are slipping.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does it take to cut 1 acre of grass with a 60 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a JD diesel fwd 400 series tractor with a 60" mid deck. How long will it take to mow 1 acre of grass? I was also wondering what the fuel use would be per acre with this machine?

Craftsman rear engine mower,runs fine,mower deck will not engage or cut the grass? [ 2 Answers ]

Rear engine craftsman mower runs fine,but the mower deck does not engage when you lower the lever?it appears the belt is on the pulleys,help...

Can you cut wetland grass and if so to what height? [ 1 Answers ]

Can you cut wetland grass and if so to what height?

He cut the grass.who owns the property? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi... we just boght a property that we have been looking to get for years now in Pennsylvania,we LEGALLY purchased the property and have the deed,thing is one neighbor claims HE owns it because HE cut the grass for the last year... and I have heard several people say there is a law in Pa stating if...

View more questions Search