Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ARVINDNIGAM Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 07:31 PM
    400 Amp , Feeder Wires?
    We Have A 400 Amp Service, What Size Should The Feeder (wires) Be?

Need To Know

Thanks
    Please Help

Arvind
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2007, 03:38 AM
    Typically either 500 MCM copper or 750 MCM aluminum is used for 400 amp, but there are other circumstances where other sizes would be used, depending on the insultion, distances, etc.

And there are various smaller sizes that can be paralleled.

There is no one answer to your question without knowing the details.
    ARVINDNIGAM Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2007, 09:20 AM
    Thanks For Your Response, I Am Going To Refer To The Code Book Now
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2007, 02:50 PM
    Oh I should have asked if this was a residential service, which will allow #400 MCM copper or #600 MCM aluminum.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 wires + 2 wires  POOL MOTOR [ 2 Answers ]

I need help connecting a motor for my pool. The motor has 3 wires coming out of it. 1 white, 1 black, 1 black with a white stripe. A continuity test on the 2 blacks says they are wired together somewhere. I have a power cable coming out of the ground. 1 white + 1 black cables inside. ...

Can I run 400 amps with two 200 amp boxes? [ 6 Answers ]

I want to run 400 amp service in my new home and I was wondering if it is possible to run two separate 200 amp boxes instead of 1 400 amp with is much more expensive. If so do I need a main 400 amp lug or can I use the two separate 200 amp mains?

B&S Ignition Wires [ 1 Answers ]

I have a B&S 18HP and I took off the ignition switch since it was really bad looking and thought I would remember where the wires went... however... I DO NOT~ can you give me an idea of what wires go where on the switch... seems it worked and cranked the motor before... and now... well... don't...

Installing Ceiling Fan Wall Remote with Red & Black Wires? [ 13 Answers ]

I am trying to install a Hampton Bay Wall Remote Control that transmits a signal to a receiver that I will install behind the Ceiling Fan assembly. Problem: Remote instructions state to connect the 2 Black wires from the wall switch to the new Remote switch. The wall switch has a Red and a...

Hampton Bay remote wires do not match fan wires [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday I installed a new Hunter ceiling fan. I also purchased a Hampton Bay wireless wall switch. Everything went well until I wired up the remote receiver. The receiver has a blue wire for the light that is supposed to connect to the blue wire (light) from the fan. The Hunter fan does not have...

View more questions Search