Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stevemiller122 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2011, 09:56 AM
    How to set harbor breeze ceiling fan remote what does the on and dip mean?
    I have a harbor breeze fan with remote and it says it has 16 different settings and I am trying to figure out what the on and dip means in the remote and in the receiver.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 25, 2011, 11:49 AM

Steven,

"DIP" stands for "Dual In-line Package". Each dip switch has exactly two positions. "On" or "OFF".

If you have any experience with computers and understand the term "Binary" then you know what they are.

For example, in your case, you are trying to set a pattern of numbers specific to your door opener.

If you have four switches, #1 is ON, 2 is Off, 3 is ON and 4 is OFF.

The number being sent to the opener would look something like this "1010".

It looks up that number and says, hey, that's me, I need to open the door.

Clear as mud?
    stevemiller122 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2011, 05:13 PM
    Comment on donf's post
    Well thanks for breaking that down but I'm still not getting it. It had sixteen dif. Settings I can to with the four switches but when I do I dif. Pattern on both the remote and receiver nothing changes with the fan. And the hi setting for the fan does not spin very fast at all.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2011, 09:20 PM

You need to match both transmitter and receiver.
    1 and 2 ON, and 3 and 4 OFF? Or 15 other combinations, all ON or all OFF, may be good for a good quick test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor breeze ceiling fan remote [ 12 Answers ]

I was messing with my remote and now everything is not working, no light , no fan. Is there a way to reset the remote. I must have thrown out the manual.

Harbor Breeze Ceiling fan w/remote, help! [ 4 Answers ]

I just puchased a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan w/ 2 lights(1 up) and remote control. I have 4 wires(black,white.red and bare) out of ceiling box. Remote has black and white on one side and black,white,blue,and orange on other which match those coming from fan. Do I need red from box to operate other...

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan Remote [ 0 Answers ]

My parents have a Harbor breeze ceiling fan, and the batteries went out in the remote a while ago. When they bought new batteries the remote no longer works, and now the ceiling fan won't cut off. Do we just have to reprogram it via the signal box?

Help harbor breeze ceiling fan remote [ 1 Answers ]

How many ceiling fans, no lights, can one remote control operate?

Harbor Breeze ceiling fan wall remote and LCD remote [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I've just installed 2 harbor breeze fans that came with LCD remote. Everything works as they suppose to. 2 remotes controlling each fan with dip SW set up. Then, I thought it would be nice if I purchase the wall remote unit so that I do not have to search for remote all the time....

View more questions Search