Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sniderwg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2011, 04:41 PM
    Baseboard Heaters Won't Shut Off
    I have elec. Baseboard heaters with double pole thermostats. When you turn them from the "off" position, units immediately come on and stay on.
    EPMiller Posts: 624, Reputation: 37

Jan 25, 2011, 07:13 PM

Has anybody changed ANYTHING in the wiring recently? If not, it sounds like the thermostat contacts have welded themselves together and the contacts on the other leg are shutting it off when it is turned to OFF. Be glad that you have a double pole thermostat. Replace it with the same.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baseboard heaters [ 2 Answers ]

How do you tell if a baseboard heater has gone bad?

Baseboard heaters [ 2 Answers ]

I have some used baseboard heaters I want to install in my basement. 1) They have two wires on the unit itself and four wires on the thermostat, can I assume my power coming in must go to the thermostat first and then to the heater? 2) The four wires on thermostat are labeled L1 & L2 and T1...

Electric baseboard heaters -wiring 1 thermostat to two heaters [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to heat my new garage with electric baseboard heaters. The new garage is 20X24 feet. I would like to use only one 240V #12 2 wire circuit running two heaters at a total of 3800 watts. I plan to use 2 pole 20A breakers and 2c #12 wire. I would like to have both heaters controlled...

Baseboard heaters [ 12 Answers ]

Hi all.. New to the forum.. Thanks in advance for any help.. I am trying to set up new baseboard heating in my basement.. My questions are to what size breakers to use and if I can put it all on one circuit.. I want to set up 3 rooms: Room 1 - 2 1000 watt heaters Room 2 & 3 - 1 1500 watt...

View more questions Search