Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JC16C Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2010, 06:06 PM
    I need a wiring diagram for a 16HP Vanguard V-Twin oil pressure switch.
    Several years ago I purchased a Vanguard V-Twin, horizontal shaft engine and it's been in storage ever since. I did start and run it a couple of times a year. I am now going to put it into service. I had to install the wiring harness, but the book that came with it was one of those don't do this books. No help at all. Hooked up the harness and every thing works fine, but there was no wire for the oil pressure switch. There is one extra wire
    ( White ) with a round Female push on connector, but to short to reach switch, which has a male spade connector. I purchased a Vanguard repair manual, but it didn't show the wiring for the oil pressure switch. Weird huh!
    Please Help. Thanks JC
    amowl Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Oct 28, 2010, 05:05 PM
    You have the harness for the vertical shaft motor not the one for the horizontal shaft
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2010, 06:43 PM

Ground the wire out and see if your light or gage does something which ever you have,
    If so just make a jumper wire.
    Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing starter moter on 16HP V-Twin vanguard engine [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Briggs and Stratton 16HP V-Twin OHV Vanguard Engine I am repairing. I am trying to replace the starter motor. . The bendix of the starter motor is plastic and has broken teeth and therefore does not engage with the main flywheel anymore. In order to accomplish this task I have stripped...

Briggs & Stratton 16-HP Vanguard V-Twin oil capacity [ 3 Answers ]

I recently acquired a lightly used Briggs & Stratton 16-HP Vanguard V-Twin powered 10KW generator, of course, with no manual. Fired it up once and all was fine. Decided it needed an oil and filter change. Looked online for oil capacity and found one place that stated 3 quarts for this...

What engine oil for a B&S Vanguard V-twin OHV 16hp [ 2 Answers ]

What engine oil for a B&S Vanguard V-twin OHV 16hp >Moved from Forum Help<

16HP B&S Vanguard V Twin won't start [ 4 Answers ]

Hi My 16HP B&S Vanguard V Twin won't start. There was a thing with wires at the bottom of the carb, but when removing the carb to check for a blockage, the wire snapped off. However, this does not seem to prevent the float chamber filling with fuel. There is fuel being pumbed from the fuel pump...

View more questions Search