Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    txdawgfan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2010, 10:01 AM
    Bypassing the Plug Connectors on Hunter ceiling fan
    I am installing a Hunter ceiling fan with no light fixture. The last step is connecting the upper plug connector to the lower plug connector and I can't get them to plug together. They are labeled so it's pretty much idiot proof on how plug them together but it's just not happening. I have spent more time trying to push these two pieces together than everything else combined. My question is, there are seven colored wired going into each half of the plug connector, can I just cut off the connectors, strip and splice each wire together?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2010, 10:42 AM

Yes you could. However, make sure the connectors aren't bent or the plastic deformed. Usually they just slide together and lock.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 15, 2010, 12:55 PM

Connectors will probably only go together one way, try turning one of them around.
    rebeccaj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2011, 10:08 PM
    We're having the same problem tonight! The connector plug's just won't fit together and we've studied the diagram, matched up the letters and colors etc. Did you ever figure it out?
    Thanks!

Jan 17, 2011, 05:29 AM

Show us a picture.
    505 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2012, 09:50 AM
    So what is the answer to bypassing plug connector?
    Thanks...
    505 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2012, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 505 View Post
    So what is the answer to bypassing plug connector?
    Thanks...
    Do not know

Jul 8, 2012, 11:34 AM
    Show us a picture.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan and light in Hunter ceiling fan stopped working [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Hunter ceiling fan with four lights. Then without anything unusual happening the fan and lights simultaneously stopped working. I operate the unit using a wall switch. When I turn the switch to "on" I can hear the unit beep so I know that power is going to it, but when I press the fan or...

Hunter Ceiling Fan - replacement Fan and Light Control Capacitor Model # 27185-060 [ 1 Answers ]

I need this replacement part (part number 84368-060) and do not know where to locate one. I have looked on web sites to no avail. Any ideas??

Hunter ceiling fan with remote only: light works but the fan doesn't. [ 0 Answers ]

My mom's house has a Hunter ceiling fan, (I don't know the model #), that has 4 lights and fan. It operates with a remote only. The remote will work the lights, but not the fan. When I press the fan button on the remote, I can hear a click in the fan motor, but the fan doesn't turn. Any ideas?

Fan switch on hunter ceiling fan model #20537 not working. [ 1 Answers ]

The fan switch on my hunter ceiling fan model #20537 is not working. What colored wires are supposed to go into the switch, and at what position on the switch? I have 3 wires, green, brown and gray. The switch has 4 slots, 3 L 2 1

Bypassing a ceiling fan remote [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing older ceiling fans (there were separate wall dimmer controls for both the light and the fan) with new harbor breeze fans. The wiring is a bit tricky so I would like to bypass the remote altogether. Is it possible to simply omit the receiver and remote and install the fan as a normal...

View more questions Search