Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Robert Gift Posts: 100, Reputation: 3

Aug 7, 2010, 04:14 AM
    Filter Queen salesman tried to sell for $2,600!! Cheap cone filters anywhere?
    How absurd.
    I asked him what about his vauum could possibly be worth $2,600.

The next day, after making a donation at Goodwill, I found and bought a Filter Queen Majestic vacuum for $8.50 in their store.
    It looked new and much like the one demonstrated. The cone paper filter inside reads: For Demonstration Only.

-The dirt container should be twice as tall. Otherwise, too small a capacity.
    -It should be clear so you can see how full it is.
    -What a mess to empty and clean. I do it outside and then wash with garden hose. Otherwise dust is on everything inside and out.
    -The On-Off-On switch (Low-Off-High) is too easy to flip to opposite on when wanting to turn off.
    -The wire from the hose must sharply bend 90 degrees to go around the hose fastener collar. The wire jacket has come out and the wires are exposed. (What poor engineering.)
    -Though the unit has rubber bumpers, the long vertical metal clips holding the top onto the canister can damage furniture/walls.
    -Cord is too short.
    -On the chrome motor cowling, a useless black decorative plastic "grid" makes cleaning the metal dome difficult. (I plan to remove the worthless grid.)
    -Inside the motor housing, how does one change that fiberglass(?) filter material? Must send the motor to the company?

Good suction!
    Good joke on anyone stupid enough to buy it.
    However, it IS worth $8.50!
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Aug 7, 2010, 05:53 AM

I have an Aunt who owns a Filter Queen - still works after almost 25 years, and yes, it was expensive.

She gets the vacuum cones from the local vacuum cleaner sales and service store. If your local store does not have them there, there are places online that sell the cones.

filter queen vacuum cones - Bing
    Robert Gift Posts: 100, Reputation: 3

Aug 7, 2010, 06:56 AM

Thanks.
    I called Filter Queen.
    They charge far too much for simple filter paper.

"Expensive?" Outrageous.
    From others I have heard that they pressure suckers into buying these ridiculously-priced rip-offs.
    With my engineering background, I see incompetent engineering.
    zinniagirl56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2012, 07:51 PM
    My parents bought a Filter Queen about 1958. In 1963 they gave it to me. I still have it and it works perfectly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adividend of 600 was debited to Wages expense for 600 and credited to Cash for 600 wh [ 4 Answers ]

Adividend of 600 was debited to Wages expense for 600 and credited to Cash for 600 what will be the adjusting entries? I need your help with the journal entries 1-Aug Kendra Greco begins practice as a dentist & invests $20,000 cash 2 Purchases furniture and dental equipment on account from...

Looking for Clutch Cone for Wizard Rototiller [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older Wizard Rototiller--Model #GIS2005A47 and Serial #47W59691 that has a worn out clutch disk. In my search for a replacement part, I have found that a Clutch Housing Assembly (Part #741203) is available for $180+, but that manufacture of the Clutch Cone (Part #1305) was...

Writing a quadratic function for a cone [ 1 Answers ]

I was trying to make a function from the following word problem. Grain is falling from a chute onto the ground forming a conical pile whose diameter is always three times it's height. How high will the be when there is 1700ft^3 of grain? So basically I'm trying to make a function that will...

My puppy has a cone-head? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi guys! I'm new to the Website. I just surfed around looking for a chat forum and this looked like the best place. I have a concern about my pup and would really appreciate anyone's feedback! I just recently got 10 week old puppy (Weimaraner). I have noticed that he has what looks like a...

View more questions Search