Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kspaide Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2006, 06:48 AM
    Using 4.5" downrod instead of 12"-Hampton Bay ceiling fan
    I'm trying to install a Hampton Bay-Frontera ceiling fan with the optional 4.5" downrod option instead of the standard 12". It does not appear that the 4.5" rod will fit because of the fan's decorative scroll. Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2006, 11:48 AM
    You have to remove the decorative scroll.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Hampton bay ceiling fan lights & fan not operating [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, appreciate any help. It just stop working can't honestly say what stop working first or if it happened at the same time. The switch at the wall is working. So I'm assuming it is getting power? I took the bulbs out and disconneted the lower unit by glance everything appears to be fine. I...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan downrod extension [ 7 Answers ]

I recently purchased 2 Hampton Bay "Brookdale" ceiling fans and need to extend the downrods and additional 24" due to the slope of the ceiling. The downrods that come with the fans are brushed nickel. Where can I find suitable rod material?

Hampton Bay 42" ceiling fan [ 3 Answers ]

We need purchased a 42" ceiling fan with light fixture. We do no want the light and need to purchase the cover where the light should be. Please Help!

"Bay Island" ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

I received as a gift a Hampton Bay,"Bay Island" ceiling fan Some of the description reads as such : 52" ceiling fan, oil rubbed bronze finish, Venetian Scavo glass, 442031, model # 14161, purchase order # is 56196192 My question is this, does the glass globe shown on the box actually come...

View more questions Search