Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stevedyne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2010, 01:34 PM
    Amps are too high on fuse
    Coleman Furnace Model # G9t08012upb13c

3 Amp fuse keeps blowing. We tested board and the amperage cosistantly above 3 Amp rating. Why is this happening and how can we fix it?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 12, 2010, 01:47 PM
    Something in the low vlotage control system is drawing too much power. You will need to isolate each control to see which one is causing the problem. Thermostat wiring rub through,contactor coils, and relays are the probable cause but you never know exactly what you will find.
    stevedyne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 07:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000 View Post
    Something in the low vlotage control system is drawing to much power. You will need to isolate each control to see which one is causing the problem. Thermostat wiring rub through,contactor coils, and relays are the probable cause but you never know exactly what you will find.
    Thank you HVAC1000! I don't really know how to isolate each control but I will be doing some more surfing and reading to see what I can figure out. :) Luckly it hasn't been too hot this past week but I think time is running out for the A/C to be down. Thanks again for your info.
    Take care,
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 14, 2010, 02:32 PM
    Good hunting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am hooking up a Hot tub with a max fuse size of 50 amps. [ 3 Answers ]

I am hooking up a hot tub rated for a 50 amps max fuse size. I already have the #8 thhn and 1/2 liquid tight flex conduit. Will the #8 wire be enough for 50 amps.

Water pump motor drawing high amps at start up [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 240 volt motor for our water pump that draws high amps for a long period when it turns on. I know that the motor will draw high amps at start up, but the high amps stays high for about 8 to 10 seconds. The pump and motor are in a pit with an air bladder. Is there anything I can do so...

Replacing fuse panel and amps [ 0 Answers ]

I am getting my wiring updated along with my fuse panel. Right now it has a old bull dog set up with the push button fuses. There really hard to find replacement fuses, and two of them are blwon and will not reset! One of the fuses is for my stove, and the other runs the lights and fan in my...

View more questions Search