Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    g2hubbard Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2010, 07:40 AM
    Our AC/Heating Unit (electric/gas) suddenly stopped working. Not fuse box.
    Our AC/Heating Unit (electric/gas) suddenly stopped working. We reset the main breaker, but it didn't fix it. The thermostat clicks when I try to adjust temp, but the fan doesn't come on for the air & the furnace doesn't come on for the heat. Nothing is blowing through the vents. Any ideas?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2010, 08:07 AM

Check the fuse at the switch on the furnace. Also there may be a small 3 amp auto type fuse located on the control board in the bottom door of the furnace. Does the fan come on if you turn it from auto to on?

Apr 3, 2010, 08:25 AM

I'm sorry, I can't find a switch at the furnace or the control board, or a bottom door! I can tell you that no, the fan does not come on when turned from auto to on.
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2010, 08:59 AM

Is your furnace in the basement? Attic or crawlspace?

Apr 3, 2010, 09:46 AM
    Basement
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2010, 09:52 AM

There should be a yellow or white power wire going to the furnace. Find it and follow it both ways to find the switch with the fuse. The furnace itself should have 2 doors the top one should lift of first then the bottom should slide upward. The control board should be in the bottom door.

Apr 3, 2010, 10:12 AM

Okay, getting a srewdriver to remove a panel. May take me a few but will be back.. .

Apr 3, 2010, 10:23 AM

YOU ARE AWESOME!! The 3 amp fuse is blown. Going to get a new one & hopefully that will solve the problem. Thank you, thank you, thank you SO MUCH for your help (and patience w/ me)!
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2010, 02:27 PM

When you intall the new fuse, if it blows again. Odds are something is wrong with you contactor in the outdoor unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80 gal electric state select stopped working suddenly. Circuit breaker popped. [ 0 Answers ]

Electric State Select stopped working. Noted that circuit breaker was off. Reset it and pushed reset on the tank. Still no hot water. Unit is 5 years old. No previous problems. Service repairman called. What kind of repair/cost am I looking at?

Kirkland Signature, by whirlpool; Dryer stopped heating and timer stopped working [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kirkland Signature, by whirlpool Dryer that stopped heating and timer stopped working at the same time. What may have caused this?

I have a singer electric fan heating unit which has stopped working. [ 1 Answers ]

I have used two of these units to heat the basement for many years. You can't get anything like this qualitywise anymore. You push the on switch and then turn on the thermostat, you get a delay antil heatiing element warms up, then fan starts. All controls including thermostat are in the unit. ...

Converting a new gas heating unit to electric [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new heating and cooling (Heil) and I wanted to ask how can I turn the gas heating to electric. Tsims

Air/Heating Unit (Electric) Suddenly stopped working [ 5 Answers ]

Hello In July we replaced the motor and the relay switch on the unit outside the house. The unit had been running fine. Sept. 14 it was a little muggy in the house so I turned the thermostat down to 72 to kick the air on. Nothing happened all I heard was a "click" which would normally start the...

View more questions Search