Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kcperry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2003, 06:14 AM
    Pool pump motor
    Our pool pump motor plug has been replaced twice because when you try to plug it in it sometimes sparks and other times gets so hot it fusses to the outlet. Is this cord not grounded inside motor? Or any other suggestions? The pool is inground the pump brand is Lomart 1 hp & the motor is a baldor industrial 1 hp. We have tried different grades of extension cords as well this has not corrected the problem. Help!
    Thank you,
    KC

Check out some similar questions!

Pump motor [ 6 Answers ]

The 5 hp electrical motor that drives the pump for my SPA will not start on low speed. When turned on it hums. I hit the Jet switch and the pump/motor comes on at high speed. I can then hit the Jet switch again and the pump/motor will run on low speed. When the set temperature is reached, the...

Timer For Aboveground Pool Pump [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I am a pool novice. I have a frameset aboveground pool with a cheesy pump - 1/16 HP, 120V. It's plugged into a heavy duty garage outlet, but it's not clear if it's a GFCI. What kind of pump timer can I use that is safe and inexpensive, possibly GFCI? Thanks!

Can't seem to get the pump off the washing machine motor... [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool washing machine, and am pretty sure I need to replace the motor coupler. I got the cabinet off; unclipped the pump (removed the hoses -- oops, probably didn't have to do that); and it LOOKS like the pump could be coaxed off the motor -- and it almost does. The bolt-like drive...

Wiring Timer Clock, Off /On switch to Pool Pump [ 3 Answers ]

I recently replaced an underground electrical line for my pool pump. Now I'm not certain of the hookup from the main power (220)to the timer clock (also 220)into the manual off/on switch mounted in it's own box on the back of the timer box, to the pump motor. Can anyone help me here. It's a single...

Connecting pool motor [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to reconnect a new pool motor (AO Smith 1 1/2 hp). I think I have everything together correctly but after I reconnect the motor to the plate, I can not fit it back on to the pump. When I remove the plate it fits just fine but with the motor attached, I can not make it fit. Any...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.