Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waltersusan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2010, 04:52 PM
    Remove globe from light fixture
    I have a chandelier with 6 lights . The globe covers are open facing down and after I remove the bulb , I see a thin round matal piece that has a small tab on each side. I was able to remove 1 metal circle by pinching the 2 tabs but I couldn't budge the globe. So I tried another light and couldn't even budge the 2 tabs. It seems impossible to remove the globes. Any ideas?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2010, 05:20 AM
    Without a photo, or the make and model number of the fixture, how would we know? There is, I will guess, something like a bazillion fixtures installed out in the world.

Jan 16, 2010, 07:27 PM
    Sorry, I don't know how to put on a picture and the chandelier has no papers. I'll go to a light fixture
    Store and get some help.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2010, 04:16 AM
    Reply to this post using Advance. Click on the paper cilp in the Tool Bar at the top. Then you will see a blank field with a "Browse" button next to it. Find your picture file in your PC, and then click on the "Upload" button.
    14u2c Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2010, 10:25 PM

Are you sure there is not little screws holding the globes onto the stem of the fixture?

Jan 18, 2010, 09:26 AM

Yes- I am familiar with the conventional way to change a globe. There are no screws. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remove the globe from a flush mount ceiling light [ 10 Answers ]

There is a domed shaped globe with a metal ring at it's base. There is no center thumb screw and no ring screws. I have tried to turn it but it moves a fraction of an inch in both directions and no more. I have slid a putty knife between it and the ceiling but I can't pull it down. Everything I...

How do I change the light /remove the globe in hampton bay fan windward II model? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello I have a Hampton Bay - pretty sure it is model #55295 (comes with remote forward/reverse) - the light just went out and I can't figure out how to get the globe off to change the light bulb. I swear we had a professor, an IT guy and another idiot (that's me) who should have collectively been...

Can't remove globe from ceiling light [ 11 Answers ]

We've had this light for several years, and just now all the bulbs are burned out. There is no visible way to remove the globe. There is about an inch between the ceiling and the glass, and there are three white plastic clip things. Two of them don't budge at all, and one moves just slightly, but...

How do I remove old pull chain light fixture from ceiling fan [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Gulf Coast Ceiling Fan with a low profile light fixture. It has 2 separate pull chains. One for the fan and one for the light. The light pull chain is the problem. It is not turning off the light by the chain. The wall switch turns off both the fan and the light. This tells me it's the...

Hard to remove mini spot light from Hampton Bay Ceiling Fixture [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Hampton Bay Ceiling fixture with three mini spot lights. One of the bulbs has blown out and needs to be replaced. However, we are having a problem doing this. There is no room for us to get our hands around the bulb to remove it. The bulbs have 2 prongs that fit into the base and twist to...

View more questions Search