Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akuczmarski09 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2009, 10:57 AM
    Harbor Breeze ceiling fan with Remote
    I have a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan with remote control, the fan never came with instructions and I am looking to install the remote control I have the black box with the wires and antenna, but where does it go, and how do I install it?
    rglbgl8 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2009, 11:11 AM
    The black box is the "brain" of the remote system. It goes inside the canopy of the fixture, depending on the mount, its kind of hard to get it to fit, but it will go. Make sure you code it to the same code as the remote control before you put it all together,it's a pain to have to take it back out because you didn't match the two codes before installation. Also, the two wires( on one side of the brain) should be labeled line or something like that. Those hook to the switch leg coming from inside the fixture box, (house). The other three wires (should be on the other side of the "brain" ) white,blackor red, and blue hook to the wires coming from the fan. The blue wire from the fan is usually foer the light kit, make sure you have those correct otherwise the fan will turn on when you press the light button on the remote and vica-versa. Hope this helps.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2009, 01:17 PM

What color wires do you have from

1. The fan

2. The box

3. The ceiling?

Ceiling Fan Wiring - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor breeze ceiling fan remote [ 12 Answers ]

I was messing with my remote and now everything is not working, no light , no fan. Is there a way to reset the remote. I must have thrown out the manual.

Harbor Breeze Ceiling fan w/remote, help! [ 4 Answers ]

I just puchased a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan w/ 2 lights(1 up) and remote control. I have 4 wires(black,white.red and bare) out of ceiling box. Remote has black and white on one side and black,white,blue,and orange on other which match those coming from fan. Do I need red from box to operate other...

Hampton Bay/Harbor Breeze ceiling fan remote [ 1 Answers ]

Hampton Bay/Harbor Breeze ceiling fan - non functional after power outage - is there a master reset button or can someone instruct us on how to reset it. Has only a remote control. Control lights up when pressed.

Harbor Breeze Remote Ceiling Fan [ 4 Answers ]

I can not change the speed of the fan with the remote. How do I program the remote for the fan.

Harbor breeze ceiling fan remote [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, ny neighbor and I have the same ceiling fans with the same remote code.I found the code switch in the remote but where is the receiver? My neighbor and I are constantly turning eachothers fan/light on and off.

View more questions Search