Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AMiller Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Oct 25, 2006, 12:39 PM
    Dimmer Hampton Bay Remote
    I have a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan with a remote. The remote fails to dim the lower lights. It works fine on the upper lights and the fan speed. Any idea of the problem?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2006, 03:17 PM
    Does the remote have a separate dim function for the lower lights, or does it use the same "dim" button as the upper ones? For that matter, did it work at one time?

Remember Hampton Bay fans are warranteed by Home Depot, so if you bring it back they should give you a new one.
    AMiller Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Oct 26, 2006, 07:00 AM
    I have had the fan for about 18 months. The remote worked fine until 3 days ago. One of the bulbs went out and it has not worked since that time. The remote has a separate dimmer for button for the upper and lower lights. It has an on/off button for the fan and a separate low, med, high button for each speed. The remote has a total of six buttons.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2006, 03:25 PM
    Sounds like something in the receiver shorted when the old bulb blew-- this happens, although I've never heard of it only shorting the dim function.

Best thing to do is probably exchange the fan. They should still take it back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is...

Hampton Bay Remote [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: can anyone tell me how to program the TV control on the Hampton Bay Universal Remote Control Model UR 8050T? The instructions stayed with the ex-wife.

Remote on Hampton Bay fan [ 1 Answers ]

The control on my Hampton Bay fan is not working properly. I have changed the batteries, but this is not the problem. If I buy a new remote, how can I make it compatible with this fan? Any hints?

Hampton Bay remote [ 3 Answers ]

Just installed a new fan w/ remote, lights ,upper and lower dim and brighten well with remote however fan does not operate at all. Wires from ceiling outlet are black, white, red and ground green. Instructions from mfg. show no connection for the red wire. I've tried it with the black and have...

View more questions Search