Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    veje1925 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2009, 03:42 PM
    Installing a Universal ceiling fan & light remote control
    I have replaced old remote control with a new one, but to acitvate I have to turn on the light and the fan on high manually, but I have no chains for the fan or light. Can you help please.?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 01:38 AM

I don't understand. A remote fan does not need chains.

What is your question?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing remote control in ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

If I install a remote control device into an existing ceiling fan, do I still need the speed control switch? Can I by-pass the switch?

Installing Thermostat Ceiling Fan & Light Remote Control [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a HarborBreeze Thermostate Ceiling Fan & Light Remote Control on a standard ceiling fan (no I can't find the brand or model name) with a pull chain for the light and a pull chain for the speeds. There are 3 speeds on the fan. My problem is that there are only five wires on the...

Installing Wall-Mounted Remote Control - Ceiling Fan [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everybody: I am new to this board and hope there is somebody around this Memorial Day Weekend who can help. I just bought a Modern Fan Company Aurora Hugger ceiling fan and am trying to install it. This fan has no pull cords and operates on a remote that is tucked into the fan housing....

Installing a universal remote to a ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My husband and I are trying to install a remote to an existing ceiling fan. First obstacle it says that it is not usable with a ceiling at more than a 25 degree angle. We have a vaulted ceiling but not sure of the angle. Why is this a problem. Second obstacle, my husband doesn't see how...

Installing universal ceiling fan remote [ 1 Answers ]

My remote for my Hunter ceiling fan stopped working so I bought a Hunter universal remote control. The color wires do not match up. My fan has 6 wires, a black strip, yellow, pink, gray, red and white. My new remote has 5 wires, red (light), 2 white (neutral, common), 2 black (live in, fan). I...

View more questions Search