Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TMV Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2009, 07:53 AM
    Replacement emerson motor wiring different
    I purchased a replacement fan motor for my Lennox AC unit . The old motor had 3 wires -orange , purple and black. The new one, a emerson K55HXSSm-7146 has 4 wires and a ground-black,white,brown and brown w/white. I hooked the brown wire to the dual capacitor "Fan" terminal. The Black to what appears to be L1 of contactor (it doesn't say L1 but it is where the red power line from breaker box comes in). The white wire I attached to what I guess would be L2 (solid buss bar on contactor where black wire is connected ). The brown and white I taped up. The red wire is on the "C" on capacitor and the yellow is on "Herm" of capacitor. When I went to throw the breaker and power it up the fan started spinning even though my thermostat was in "AUTO" and the cooling (as well as the heating) was turned off.

I looked at the side of the motor housing and I believe to wire it as it gives for the 3 wire option.

What am I missing?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2009, 08:26 AM

You should have got a new capacitor with the motor.
    TMV Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2009, 01:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshdta View Post
    You should have got a new capacitor with the motor.
    So your saying the wiring scenario is right?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacement Motor Wiring for condenser unit [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Lennox HS16-461V-4P. The motor bearings died and I ordered a replacement motor. The old motor (GE) had two purple wires that went to and from the capacitor mounting in the unit. It also had orange and black wires that went to line voltage. The new motor (Emerson) only has three wires...

Wiring replacement Condenser Fan motor [ 10 Answers ]

I replaced the condenser fan motor on my old Tempstar A/C, but I am a little uncertain about the wiring on the new motor. Attached is a picture of the way I have it wired right now and the wiring diagram that came with the motor. The old motor had 3 wires: Black - wired to T2 contactor ...

Wiring emerson fan motor for outside unit [ 1 Answers ]

I need to how to wire a emerson motor. The old motor and a clip that you plugged in. The emerson has no clip or plug it looks like you have to hard wire it.

Replacement blower motor wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a replacemet fan motor for an older rheem heat pump. The wiring is different from the original. There are 2 browns for the capacitor, one green to ground, a black common, and a yellow one labeled "line". Where does the yellow wire connect? The old one had 2 for capacitor and one common.

Emerson Motor Wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I've read (most) of the similar questions about blower motor wiring, but haven't seen any that match my configuration. I have an Emerson 1/3hp, 3spd motor with the following wires: Red, blue, black, green (ground) direct from motor. White and brown go from motor to capacitor with black out of...

View more questions Search