Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tony2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2006, 08:47 AM
    Lighting circuit
    Doing some minor work to lighting in a 1957 house. The circuit seems modern(ish) but has 3 wires plus earth (instead of 2 plus earth) coloured yellow, red and blue. Need assistance understanding circuit and adding lights.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2006, 02:51 PM
    I can tell by your use of the word "earth" that you might be in Europe, UK most likely. I am only familiar with color codes frm North America. I am not sure if there is anyone else here that knows your color code.

Perhaps,if you have a volt meter, for 300 volta AC, then you can test each wire to determine which is hot and which is neutral, if applicable.

Have you done a search of UK websites looking for your color code?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lighting Help [ 1 Answers ]

I currently have two hanging lights in my office, that both run off the same switch. I would like to change these to one small(3) track light, using the second light box (farthest from the switch). How do I remove the first one? Can I just cap off the wires? Will the switch still control the...

How many lights on a 15A lighting circuit [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone! First post and thanks in advance, hopefully! I was wondering how many lights I can put on a 15A lighting circuit. I have a second floor that I want to put a (1) hall light, (3) closet lights, & (1) bedroom light. Would it be too much to put a bathroom vanity light and a vent...

Outside GFI circuit - 15amp outlet on 20amp circuit [ 1 Answers ]

I need a better understanding of what I should do when setting up my new outdoor circuit. I've got a circuit that runs about 150 feet, so I'm installing 10g wire to allow for the voltage drop. I read in the Home Depot Electrical 123 book that I can have at most a 15amp circuit with 10g wire on...

View more questions Search