Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oatmail Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2009, 11:58 AM
    Hunter ceiling fan remote control replacement
    I was given a replacement remote/reciever at Lowe's. Some kid told me it would work. I ohmed out the motor which has two windings (pink to yellow and red to grey). I paralelled the two windings with the new receiver output and neutral. The fan doesn't run as fast as it did before. The winding ohmed 30 and 51 ohms. I didn't see any winding damage when I disassembled it. My question, is it OK to run it like this?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 9, 2009, 12:18 PM

Do you have an ampmeter?

I gave you a longer answer in your other thread. Posting in two places is discouraged.
    Uber Member

May 9, 2009, 12:19 PM
    Wait, I just reread your question. NO the two windings should NOT be wired in parallel. One should have a capacitor in series.
    oatmail Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2009, 12:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ceilingfanrepair View Post
    Wait, I just reread your question. NO the two windings should NOT be wired in parallel. One should have a capacitor in series.
    So the old receiver had a built in capacitor. Can I make this work? Sorry but this site did not give me an option to update upon your answer.
    Uber Member

May 12, 2009, 09:01 PM

Do you know how it was originally wired?
    helpfixitplease Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2010, 12:57 AM
    So what type of capacitor would you use & with the 4 wires how would you wire it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter ceiling fan Remote control replacement. [ 22 Answers ]

This is driving me nuts. OK I know where the b and w wires go from the fan to the receiver also the " one " that says light out " which is red. What I have left on the receiver is Fan out and Common out. From the fan there is a brown wire by its self and a bundle with red, yel, gray,...

Hunter Fan Remote Control #22798 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hunter Ceiling Fan (don't know what model it is) with a Remote Control #22788, 22798 @ 310 frequency. The remote is getting very finicky and I have to keep playing with the buttons to turn th fan and light on and off and also to control the fan speeds. I tried manually using the chains...

Hunter Fan replacement remote control module [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Hunter Fan (Palermo: model#21618), and have a defective receiver. I have purchased the Hunter replacement All-Fan Remote Fan and Light Control (model#27185). The problem is this: Fan has seven wires (white, black/wht, green, red, pink, grey, yellow) The new reciver has five...

Halsey Ceiling Fan Remote Control Replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where to buy replacement remote controls for a Halsey Ceiling Fan? Here is the information on the back of the old remote, which I need to replace: Remote Control Fan speed control Model UC-7040 120V / 60Hz 1A / 250W Made in Taiwan Used with Halsey Ceiling Fan Models HC HP...

Remote control ceiling fan transmitter/receive replacement [ 2 Answers ]

Hi -- I just replaced the transmitter/receiver on my remote control light/ceiling fan, and it's working just fine. Thing is, before I installed it, I noted that the new control set said not to use on solid state ceiling fans. Because I didn't buy the fan in the first place, I wasn't sure of even so...

View more questions Search