Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    the_wza Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 10:46 AM
    Central air on 100amp service
    I recently had the 100 amp service line to my house repaired but a friend worried me when she said she couldn't believe my electricians didn't suggest upgrading to 200 amp service since I have central air. Is this a common concern or is 100 amp service typically enough to support central air?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2009, 10:24 AM
    All depends on the calculated connected load of the service. If a home is small,or has few large electric loads,the AC could be fine on a 100 Amp service.

I get the AC has been on this 100 service for some time, and the service has been operating fine all along. Now that is not the final answer. To be sure, have an electrician perform service rating load calculations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding a 50amp breaker to my 100amp service. [ 1 Answers ]

Actually, I am not sure what the incoming service is. The Master Circuit Breaker for the box is 100amp. I want to put in an electric oven/range. It requires a 50amp breaker be used. My service panel is full, but I do have a 30 amp breaker that I can pull out.(It is for baseboard heaters that...

Change 100AMP service to 200AMP service? [ 2 Answers ]

What are the steps need to change from 100 AMP service to 200AMP service?

4 wire 100amp service box but only 3 wires? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: 4 wire 100amp service box but only 3 wires? I replaced my water heater with a tankless water heater. My service box is set up for hot, hot, neutral, and appliance ground for 220 watt hook up. But the water heater only has 3 wires, hot hot, and "Bare wire" ground. I currently have the...

4 wire 100amp service box but only 3 wires? [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced my water heater with a tankless water heater. My service box is set up for hot, hot, neutral, and appliance ground for 220 watt hook up. But the water heater only has 3 wires, hot hot, and "Bare wire" ground. I currently have the water heater connected as, hot, hot, to breaker, and the...

Upgrading from 100amp service to 200 amp service [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1994 model double wide home, and would like to change my 100 amp service to 200 amp service. ( I want to go to electric heat) I have a disconnect at the house after the meter and it say 200amp. Is the wiring from there to my breaker box able to handle 200 amp service, and if not how do I...

View more questions Search