Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nancy Blackmon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2006, 08:34 AM
    Removing red tone
    I had been using a semi permanent hair color by L'Oreal to tone down too light highlights and brassy colored roots in my dark ash blonde hair. I used a medium ash blonde to do this. The last time I did this, it didn't really get rid of the red looking color at the roots.
    So I used some L'Oreal Preference permanent color in an ash blonde yesterday. I like the color everywhere but near the roots. It looks kind of strawberry blonde. What can I do to take out the red? L'Oreal told me to use its tone refiner product. Nowhere in town carries this. In fact, no place has toner of any kind. I haven't shampooed since coloring. Will the red tones fad any? Is there anything I can do to reduce the redness. Going to a saloon is not an option because of the expense. I am going on an important trip tomorrow. Anything I can do quickly?
    Maybe I'll just add some green food coloring to my shampoo -- just kidding.
    Thanks
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Aug 17, 2006, 07:42 PM
    The product that LOreal is referring about is called "Tone Refiner Balancing Toning Gloss for Blonde Hair. " It's suppose to ton down yellow, orange or brassy tones. If you live in the US, you can find it at your local drug store or pharmacy, such as Walgreens, Rite-Aid or CVS. You may want to look in the hair care aisle for this product.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does Shea Butter help for lighten uneven skin tone ? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello folks, I am using pinch of saffron strand in boiled milk ( a glass) to drink everyday Since March 2006. Some of my friends said it will lighten the skin but it is going to take long term ( the funny thing is I never read from any of science page proven results:D ). Well my friends and I...

Tips on how to tone your body [ 2 Answers ]

Well this is my status in body wise. Im actually inm good shape, not too fat not too skinny just in the middle but I want to start toning my muscles like enhacing the definition of my muscles kind of like bruce lees body. I don't have much too work with since I live far from a gym and all I got to...

Even skin tone [ 13 Answers ]

Hello, I am a young woman of east indian descent with dark brown skin that is extremely uneven. I don't have the time to spend loads of cash on skin lightening treatments, and I am only trying to lighten certain parts of my body, specifically the skin around my mouth, underarms, elbows and knees,...

A Ring Tone That Adults Cannot Hear (with MP3) [ 28 Answers ]

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/12/technology/12ring.html The mp3 file link is on that web page. Sadly I cannot hear it, probably due to attending way too rock concerts as a youngster. Can you guys hear it?

Color changes in skin tone [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference in skin color between the palms of hands and lips;what is the difference in the skin color between the genitals and the soles of the feet;what is the difference in the skin color and thickness in the palms of the hand of a person who does heavy manual labor and one who does...

View more questions Search