Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tebayr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2006, 01:57 PM
    Entrance Cable
    I am putting in a new electric service in my house and wanted to know what size wire I need for a 200 amp service
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2006, 04:49 PM
    #4/0 Aluminum
    gilamor Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jul 8, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tebayr
    I am putting in a new electric service in my house and wanted to know what size wire I need for a 200 amp service
    Get an electrician to do it
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2007, 04:56 PM
    Copper, 3 2/0 and a #4. You can probably downsize neutral to 1/0.
    Would need to calculate. 2" PVC.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2007, 01:47 AM
    This question is almost a year old, I would think the service has been installed by now.

Please check the date of the posts before answering.

Also, people do not come here to hear they need to hire, simply answer the question asked. Single family homeowners are allowed to do their own electrical work. This is something professional electricians need to deal with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical entrance cable [ 7 Answers ]

We have been advised by our insurance co. to replace the electrical entrance cable... does anyone know exactly what that takes... what materials,etc... thanks..

Service entrance cable [ 23 Answers ]

I am re-wiring an old house. It is a small 2 bedroom, 1 bath house. We put in a 200 amp service and need to run a service entrance cable about 20 -25 ft to the inside breaker panel. My question is how big of a gauge wire should we run for the service entance cable. #? 3 conductor with ground in...

Service entrance cable [ 2 Answers ]

Having new 100amp meter installed professionally,but I am burying wire to the building which is 125' from where meter is mounted. Will I have to upsize the size of wire because of the distance? I also intend to enclose in conduit, so I'm not worried about using "U" coded wire

Entrance cable [ 4 Answers ]

How do I cover the electrical service entrance cable attached to the side of my house? What do I use? The original covering has worn out in spots, exposing wires beneath. Also is this something a dummy can do?

Service entrance [ 5 Answers ]

Can someone tell me how to find out what the amp rating of a service to a house is . The fuse box is old with edison base fuses, but the weather head and pipe to the meter cradel looks newer want to change to beaker panel Not sure what size

View more questions Search