Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gdgrl4now Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2006, 08:29 AM
    Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan w/Remote SWITCH WILL NOT WORK
    I have installed all new ceiling fans in the house. They are all Hampton Bay's with remotes. The one in the kitchen and dinning room work by both the remote and the switch. However, when I installed the ones in the bedrooms, the wall switches will not work. There is a "red" wire up in the ceilings in the bedrooms and I am assuming that is what controls the wall switch. However, I do not know if the red wire should be attached to the "white" or "black" wire on the fan fixture?

Can anyone please let me know which/where this red wire should be attached to make the wall switch work?

All three fans work fine by the remote, but I would like the wall switch to work as well and control the light and only have to use the remote to turn on the fan. When kids are involved, the switch is the better and safest way to be and I would like it that way.

Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this regard.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2006, 10:25 AM
    Red to black, white to white.

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...fan-wiring.php

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan remote [ 26 Answers ]

We have missplaced our remote for ceiling fan. Fan will not work. Have another remote for other fan but will not work on this fan. Can I secure a remote that will work fan? Please help Hot in bed

Remote switch for a hampton bay fan [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hampton bay windward 2 gossamer fan controlled by a handheld remote. The remote functions all work fine (light. Speeds, reverse, etc... ). The problem is finding a wall switch to match the fan. The fan obviously has a receiver built into the motor head unit for the remote to function, but...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased 4 Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan with Remotes when I had my home rewired last winter. All of the fans work well and the remotes are excellent. They allow for remote control of the fan and light as well as containing a thermostat to control the fan. I have two of the fans installed...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan W/remote [ 1 Answers ]

How do I switch wind direction?

Ceiling fan does not work w/ remote [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to install a variable speed fan(reversible motor) w/ remote, which also has 2 light fixtures. The receiver has two inputs, a black(hot) and a white(neutral), and 4 outputs. One neutral, one black(for the fan), one each for the 2 light fixtures. The problem is when I connect the fan...

View more questions Search