Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Needing_Expert_Advice Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2006, 06:29 PM
    Need Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan WIre connection help!
    Hello!

I just bought a Harbor Breeze 42 in. Chesire ceiling fan. I uninstalled my previous light fixture from my ceiling and there was 3 white wires connected together and 1 red wire coming down from the ceiling. The actual light fixture had a black and brown wire. My ceiling fan has 3 wires that need to be connected and they are black, blue, and white, and also there is a green ground wire hooked up to the mounting bracket. I would like to know where the 3 wires should be hooked up. I did not try to connect any wires from the ceiling fan to the 2 wires coming down from the ceiling because I do not want to fry all my circuits in the house. Would someone please help me out, so I can finish my installation. Thanks in advance for your help.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2006, 08:22 PM
    Black and blue to red, white to all the whites.

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...fan-wiring.php

Jun 27, 2006, 01:40 PM
    Thanks a million ceilingfanrepair, I really needed to know that, but where would I hook up the ground wire? There is a ground wire attached to the mounting bracket. There are no other wires in the ceiling, I looked for them and nothing was there. Please do reply as soon as possible!
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2006, 04:55 PM
    Since the bracket attaches to a metal box, it is already grounded. If the fan has another ground wire you connect the two together.

Jun 27, 2006, 10:18 PM
    Oh I see, well thanks a lot for all the help. I installed the ceiling fan and it works just fine. Have a great day and its nice to get advice from a professional who does not charge an arm and a leg for instructions!
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2006, 12:13 AM
    Oh you can still pay me. :)

Jun 28, 2006, 01:52 PM
    Haha! That's kind of cruel!
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2006, 02:52 PM
    I hope not!
    LORI SCOTT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 03:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Needing_Expert_Advice
    Oh I see, well thanks a lot for all the help. I installed the ceiling fan and it works just fine. Have a great day and its nice to get advice from a professional who does not charge an arm and a leg for instructions!!

I just bought a Harbor Breeze 42 in. Chesire ceiling fan. I uninstalled my previous light fixture from my ceiling and there was 3 white wires connected together and 1 red wire coming down from the ceiling. The actual light fixture had a black and brown wire. My ceiling fan has 3 wires that need to be connected and they are black, blue, and white, and also there is a green ground wire hooked up to the mounting bracket. I would like to know where the 3 wires should be hooked up. I did not try to connect any wires from the ceiling fan to the 2 wires coming down from the ceiling because I do not want to fry all my circuits in the house. Would someone please help me out, so I can finish my installation. Thanks in advance for your help. The fan came with no directions.
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2007, 10:33 PM
    Connect the white wire from the fan to all 3 whites, the black and blue wire from the fan to the red.

Ceiling fan wiring - Ceiling Fans N More
    gregmac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2011, 03:42 PM
    Hello,

The ceiling fan I am replacing has a black wire, white wire and copper wire coming out of the ceiling. What does the copper wire attach to.

Thank you,
    Greg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze Ceiling fan w/remote, help! [ 4 Answers ]

I just puchased a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan w/ 2 lights(1 up) and remote control. I have 4 wires(black,white.red and bare) out of ceiling box. Remote has black and white on one side and black,white,blue,and orange on other which match those coming from fan. Do I need red from box to operate other...

Harbor Breeze Fan switch 5-8 wire [ 15 Answers ]

I'm trying to install a Harbor Breeze Fan switch 5-8 wire. My problem is there are red, purple,pink, yellow, brown, white, black wires where do I connect them into the switch? HELP

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan [ 6 Answers ]

Have a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan with remote and the power was shut off from the circuit breaker box and now my fan or light will not come on. Checked the connections, dip for the remote and reset the circuits but no luck. Any one with any ideas please pass along. Thanks

Harbor breeze fan [ 4 Answers ]

I have a harbor breeze ceiling with a remote that was never wired in.can I reverse the fan direction manually.

Harbor Breeze Ceiling fan 4 wire switch [ 1 Answers ]

The pull cord for our fan broke.. when I took the switch apart to replace it.. the four wires (black, grey, brown, and purple) popped out before I could make note of were they were supposed to go... the model number of the fan is... FI52BNK5LK... please help. Thanks a ton

View more questions Search