Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajakal Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 08:57 PM
    Adding can lights to an exsisting circuit
    When I built my house 4 years ago I did not put cans above my bar. My wife is now thinking that we should do that. I want to tie into an exsisting light above the sink. I am wondering if I can just run wire from that light, to can 1, then to can 2. Connecting whites to whites, black to black, and grounds to grounds?
    Washington1 Posts: 798, Reputation: 36

Nov 18, 2008, 09:36 PM

Sounds good to me! Just note that the existing light above the sink will be on with the lights above the bar.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding lights and outlet to existing circuit [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 20 amp circuit using 12 gauge wire. There is a total of 1000 watts of lighting on the circuit now and the "run" is approximately 65'. I want to put a single gang outlet and add about ten 25w to 40w flood lights to this circuit. My plan is to drop some conduit in a trench about 30' long...

Adding lights to existing exterior light circuit [ 1 Answers ]

I have a light fixture that is flush mounted in the ceiling of an exterior porch, I would like to add two more twin bulb floodlights switched by the existing switch if this is okay to do. If so can I run wiring from the current fixture through conduit along the undersides of the eaves, and if so...

Adding a circuit [ 3 Answers ]

I'm finishing a basement and think it's best to start fresh with a new circuit for a room we're building. There is a spare circuit breaker already in the panel (30 amps), so I suppose I could just run the 12 gauge wire from it (no need to change to 20 amp breaker?). Also, how many more 20 amp...

Adding lights to circuit [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 15 amp fuse that runs 8 - 75w bulbs. I would like to add 6 can lights with 65w bulbs. Can I do that on the existing circuit? Also will these can lights work with the existing #14 wire that is installed or do I need to use #12wire?

Adding a new circuit? [ 13 Answers ]

Hello, I am in the process of adding a basement bathroom and I have a couple of questions about the wiring. I plan to have a wall mounted light over the vanity, fed from a gfci outlet also at the vanity. I am going to have a ceiling fan/light as well as a shower light. I do have room in the panel...

View more questions Search