Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonyg2008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2008, 10:41 AM
    Well Tec fan switch
    I have a Casablanca Airflow ceiling fan La Verne 52 inch model. Casablanca says that they never carried parts for these fans and I need the standard switch housing. The Well Tec switch model E116997 broke while pulling the chain and I can't seem to find anything on the web for replacing it. Thanks.
    EPMiller Posts: 624, Reputation: 37

Oct 8, 2008, 04:34 PM

Is that the 3 speed fan pull chain switch on the side of the housing below the fan? If so, a well stocked hardware store will have it. I think there are 2 variations of that switch, so have the old one with you when you go to get one. LABEL THE WIRES WHEN DISASSEMBLING IT, THEY ARE NIGH UNTO IMPOSSIBLE TO FIGURE OUT LATER. Even then, you could get it switching from Off to Lo to Hi instead of the correct way. Just swap the high and low wires if that happens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to switch from hanging light switch to wall [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I am looking to replace an old light fixture in our kitchen (the kind with the hanging string that you pull to turn on the light) with something that will have a wall switch. Is this do-able at all for a newbie? Or do I need to hire an electrician?

Change Pilot Light Switch with a Single-way Switch [ 1 Answers ]

It's worth noted that I am a complete novice, so please be patient with me. I want to replace an existing pilot light switch with a single-way lighted switch. The existing setup has four terminals (red wire, black wire, white wire, and ground wire). The red wire goes to the left, the black wire...

HEAT-OFF-COOL system switch - AUTO-ON fan switch [ 1 Answers ]

From an Email: ''Dear asklabman, I am a first time house ownere & having an issue with my Honeywell T8112 Programmable Thermostat. Thermostat has two switches for the fan - AUTO FAN & FAN ON switches and three switches for thes system, COOL, HEAT & System OFF modes. Yesterday we turned ON...

HEAT-OFF-COOL system switch - AUTO-ON fan switch. [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Gurus, I am a new house owner & not used to thermostats. We have Honeywell 8112D thermostat. We recently turned ON our Fan switch (in the thermostat). Now the fan is not turning off. It is continuously running even when the system is in OFF & Fan is in AUTO mode. We tried reducing the...

Converting pull switch lights to wall switch [ 3 Answers ]

I've been struggling finding the answer to this in books and online, it seems as if it should be an easy question and something that gets done all the time. Looking for some help. My basement has several rooms and all lights are wired "hot" with pull switches from each light receptacle. When the...

View more questions Search