Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fowcpa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2008, 03:33 PM
    Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan works on low speed only
    I have four identical Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans. One of them works on low speed only. I replaced the four wire fan switch, but it did not correct the problem. Thanks!
    sjwelter Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2008, 06:08 PM

Are they on remote control's or rheostats? If so, you will need to pull the chain until it is set on high. Then Hi/Med/Low will work.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2008, 09:49 PM

Are these pullchain fans or remote fans? Sounds like a bad capacitor. See:

Ceiling fan capactors - troubleshooting and resources - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan-light works-fan doesn't [ 6 Answers ]

I installed a new Hampton Bay ceiling fan outdoors and the light works from a wall switch but the fan doesn't work at all. There is a white, black, red and ground wire coming from the ceiling. There is a white, black, black/white stripe (light) and green ground coming from the fan. I attached...

Hampton Bay ceiling fan speed switch [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter's ceilng fan stopped working due to a faulty speed switch. When I opened up the canopy and unplugged the 9 prong coupler I then proceeded to take out the switch. Dumb move on my part. Should have marked wire colors down first. New (and old) switches both have L, 1, 2, & 3 imprinted...

Hampton bay ceiling fan (speed switch) [ 1 Answers ]

The chain on the fan switch broke of and I bought a replacement at HomeD. I forgot to tag the wires and can't seem to properly connect the 4 wire to the new switch. Cable colors are: White, Black, Yellow and Blue and the switch has an "L", #1, #2 and #3 where the cables should be connected....

Hampton bay fan remote works the speed not light [ 3 Answers ]

I installed this fan OK... it was fine for 2.5 years now the remote only works the fan speed. It does not work the lights. I removed the fan and checked connections which are good.Luckily the fans lights are in the on position and POWER is through a wall switch,that controls the lights. But I wish...

Ceiling fan only works on low speed [ 1 Answers ]

We have a ceiling fan that was in the living room when we bought our house. At the time, there was no longer a pull chain for the fan. We just replaced that switch, and now the fan only works on low speed. The fan didn't work at all prior to the new switch. Is there anyway of knowing if we can...

View more questions Search