Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScoJo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2006, 07:47 PM
    A schematic question
    I am new to the community. I was wondering if someone could give me a little technical advice. My AC motor went out the other day. I went to buy a new one and the new one isn't the same as the one that came out of it. The old motor had three wires coming out of the motor and the new one has four. The old one had a black wire, a purplish/blue wire, and a brown. The black went to the contactor, the blue went to one pole of the capacitor, the brown went to the other pole. There was also a red wire coming from the contactor on the same pole as the blue/purple.The new motor has a black,a white,a brown,and a brown wire with a white stripe. I would appreciate any amount of help someone could give me. I have been arguing with this AC for hours and I am out of ideas. Please help.
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

May 6, 2006, 03:51 PM
    This sounds like a question better suited for the HVAC pages. I am usually the one answering questions about appliances here, and I don't work on central air conditioning systems. You could wait to see if someone else answers, but it would probably be faster to re-post there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing Schematic Question [ 5 Answers ]

I'm in the process of remodeling our half bath. This bathroom originally had a toilet and vanity. I am planning on adding a neo angle shower and obviously a new toilet and vanity, which will be in different places that they originally were. I have attached a floor plan of our new bathroom and...

Schematic [ 6 Answers ]

I need a service manual or a schematic for a Scientific Atlanta cable descrambler box model 8590757 05 RJ19ACBNB19364DA FCC ID BBC8600 Catv Converter.

View more questions Search