Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lightsabreeze1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 01:13 PM
    Harbor breeze ceiling fan light problems
    I have a 52 inch harbor breeze ceiling fan I installed a little over a month ago. It calls for four 60 watt Candelabra Base bulbs which I installed. The problem is the frequency of bulbs blowing out. Even without using the fan. I have tried reducing the wattage bulb used down to 40 and I still have been experiencing blowouts. If I had to guess, I would say that in the short time I have the fan I've replaced around 6 bulbs. Not always in the same socket either. Any possible remedies?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2008, 01:19 PM
    I hate candelabra bulbs.

Does your fan shake or wobble?

Do you have a voltage tester?

Sep 2, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lightsabreeze1
    I have a 52 inch harbor breeze ceiling fan I installed a little over a month ago. It calls for four 60 watt Candelabra Base bulbs which I installed. The problem is the frequency of bulbs blowing out. Even without using the fan. I have tried reducing the wattage bulb used down to 40 and I still have been experiencing blowouts. If I had to guess, I would say that in the short time I have the fan I've replaced around 6 bulbs. Not always in the same socket either. Any possible remedies?
    The fan is relatively steady, no excessive wobble. I do not have a voltage tester.
    keyresource56 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Sep 2, 2008, 11:00 AM
    Search your local supplier for rough service light bulbs, sounds like a vibration problem or replace with Compact Fluorescent CFC bulbs which have no filaments, they seem pricey but last for 5 years and use 75 percent less energy.
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2008, 11:12 AM
    I agree, try rough service bulbs. CFLs can be used if it is NOT a remote fan.

If you can get a voltage tester, check your supply voltage.

Sep 2, 2008, 02:03 PM
    Can rough service bulbs and CFLs be purchased in a candelabra base in 40 watts or 60?
    Where are some places that normally sell them?
    keyresource56 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Sep 2, 2008, 05:52 PM
    The Candelabra base not likely (sorry I missed the Candelabra Part), but I would be surprised if they didn't offer them in the CFC (CFL)
    I managed to find one online so they exist... see
    Amazon.com: BULB CFC CANDLE BULB CAND BASE: Home Improvement
    Not quite as stylish.
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2008, 10:03 PM
    Can rough service bulbs and CFLs be purchased in a candelabra base in 40 watts or 60?
    Where are some places that normally sell them?
    Yes. Rough service = "ceiling fan bulbs" and they do make candelabra CFLs. Menards, Lowe's, Home Depot, Walmart, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan w/ Light [ 11 Answers ]

Please help! I cannot figure out how to change the burnt out light in my ceiling fan. I have tried turning the glass portion, but it won't budge. Any ideas? I've tried the Harbor Breeze website, but cannot find the manual online. :( Thanks!

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan With Neon Light Kit [ 5 Answers ]

I have purchased and installed a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan with a blue neon light kit. It was neat at first, but I am trying to sell my home and really need a more conservative light kit. Does anyone have any ideas where I can find a replacement or if it can be replaced at all? Please advise. ...

Replacement light for harbor breeze ceiling fan [ 8 Answers ]

I have a ceiling fan Item #: 96506 Model: NEO52CH5CLK looking for replacement light bulb. Right now is a blue neon light I want find a clear white light for this item. Can anyone tell me how to contact harbor breeze. I tried and all I can find is a referral back to Lowe's, who are no help at all.

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Light & Fan Remote [ 1 Answers ]

I saw someone say they by-passed the remote. How would I do this. I know nothing about this thing except it is not working. How do you change "dip" settings? Obviously, I need help, but right now I just want to have some air. Thanks:p

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan Light Kit [ 3 Answers ]

I'm replacing an old ceiling fan. The fan was controlled by the pull chain and the light by the wall switches (2 three-way). The new fan is a Harbor Breeze. Installed it, the light works with either 3-way switch. The fan works fine on all speeds. However, when the fan is turned on with the light...

View more questions Search