Ask
    rolbal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2008, 07:49 PM
    How to shorten downrod on hunter ceiling fans
    How to shorten downrod on hunter ceiling fans
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2008, 08:32 PM
    May need rethreading. Drilled holes to duplicate existing holes for pins and ground.
    Some places sell them in 1 foot increments. For custom lengths, Cut to desired length, and rethread, Drill hole for pin and Tap for Ground.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2008, 05:48 PM
    How long is the dowrod in question?

You can use galvanized steel pipe of any length.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan downrod extension [ 7 Answers ]

I recently purchased 2 Hampton Bay "Brookdale" ceiling fans and need to extend the downrods and additional 24" due to the slope of the ceiling. The downrods that come with the fans are brushed nickel. Where can I find suitable rod material?

Hunter ceiling fans [ 1 Answers ]

The Hunter ceiling fan I have sways or swings a lot when it is on it's highest speed; the downrod is about 18 inches from ceiling, what are some possible fixes? Also sometimes the light or the fan will just come on by themselves, the fan is on a remote and a switch

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan downrod [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased a 52" Polished Brass Lakeside II Ceiling Fan along with the extended 24" downrod specified to go with this fan. When my electrician tried to attach it to the plate he found that the holes did NOT match up, and there was no way to afix the downrod. He had to spend extra time...

How to shorten down rod on ceiling fan. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I want to install a new ceiling fan in my bedroom. The only fan that will work is the Hampton Bay Mix n Match (it's the fan w/o blades because I already have the blades to match the interior design of the room). Unfortunatey, it may drop too far from the ceiling for my preference so I was...

View more questions Search