Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andrewsa61 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2006, 07:55 PM
    Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan
    Have a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan with remote and the power was shut off from the circuit breaker box and now my fan or light will not come on. Checked the connections, dip for the remote and reset the circuits but no luck. Any one with any ideas please pass along. Thanks
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2006, 11:11 AM
    If there is power at the fan,and the remote control has fresh batteries, then the problem may be the remote main control board has gone defective in the fan unit.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2006, 10:31 AM
    It's possible a power surge from turning the breaker back on fried the circuit board in the fan. It's also possible it simply hasn't been "reset" to come back on. Be sure the remote is responding (is the LED lighting?) and check the fan for a bypass switch.
    doedoe836 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2007, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewsa61
    Have a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan with remote and the power was shut off from the circuit breaker box and now my fan or light will not come on. Checked the connections, dip for the remote and reset the circuits but no luck. Any one with any ideas please pass along. Thanks
    It is a coincidence... I have the same problem as the one stated by andrewsa61. We came back from vaca.. tried the fan--nothing. We changed remote battery 3 times--nothing. We had lost power for an hour or two (as told by a neighbor) but, electrician that installed the fan said that the motor was shot. 2 years old? UNACCEPTABLE hELP?
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2007, 02:47 PM
    It's not the motor that's shot it's the receiver. Does your fan have pullchains?

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More
    doedoe836 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 09:12 PM
    Yes.. it has a pullchain. Electrician tried to bypass the remote to use pullchain only, but still nothing happened.
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2007, 10:56 PM
    Is there a light on the fan?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan WIre connection help! [ 10 Answers ]

Hello! I just bought a Harbor Breeze 42 in. Chesire ceiling fan. I uninstalled my previous light fixture from my ceiling and there was 3 white wires connected together and 1 red wire coming down from the ceiling. The actual light fixture had a black and brown wire. My ceiling fan has 3 wires...

Harbor Breeze Ceiling fan w/remote, help! [ 4 Answers ]

I just puchased a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan w/ 2 lights(1 up) and remote control. I have 4 wires(black,white.red and bare) out of ceiling box. Remote has black and white on one side and black,white,blue,and orange on other which match those coming from fan. Do I need red from box to operate other...

Harbor breeze fan [ 4 Answers ]

I have a harbor breeze ceiling with a remote that was never wired in.can I reverse the fan direction manually.

Harbor Breeze Ceiling fan 4 wire switch [ 1 Answers ]

The pull cord for our fan broke.. when I took the switch apart to replace it.. the four wires (black, grey, brown, and purple) popped out before I could make note of were they were supposed to go... the model number of the fan is... FI52BNK5LK... please help. Thanks a ton

Harbor Breeze fan [ 3 Answers ]

Just installed my fan and everything works perfectly. After 10 minutes, the HI speed does not work anymore when pushed on the remote (the fan is just stopped) and it looks like MED and LOW speeds are the same. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks

View more questions Search