Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mishiree Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2006, 08:37 PM
    Mucous plug
    I am 39 weeks and 4 days and I haven't lost my mucous plug yet, does anyone know if this means I still have a while to go or is it normal for some women to not experience this until labor??
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2006, 08:59 PM
    Some women can lose it and still be carrying a couple weeks later, some lose it and go right into labor.

So, as you've probably seen, there is no textbook answer here for when you're going to deliver... just remember, it WILL happen... soon.. we promise!

You're on short time by the weeks... tick tock, I know.

Congratulations.
    Jnet29 Posts: 88, Reputation: 13

Mar 16, 2006, 07:49 PM
    hi I was 40 weeks and still didn't lose mine and I still had a normal labor don't worry every thing will be fine. : )

Mar 17, 2006, 05:42 AM
    Thank you guys for your help! I haven't had much help at the doctors! I have seen about 6 different ones and the past few times I went they measured and checked the heartbeat and said "come in if your water breaks". So I appreciate your help!
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Mar 17, 2006, 09:49 AM
    I never lost mine until I was actually in labor. So don't worry and enjoy these last few moments while the little one is still in the womb. You'll miss all that movement here soon
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 17, 2006, 07:33 PM
    As stated by many of us here, we each are different.
    I carried my baby for 10 months, her head was already in the 'crown' and I still did not get any labor pains. The last time I went to the doctor, he finally realized that I could not normally contract, as the muscles did not get the signals from certain nerves to do so. Therefore, I went in the next day and got induced. It took only six hours for me to get my little bundle of joy, she's 29 now and pregnant with her first.

If you break your water, don't wait too long to go in even if you don't have pains, you just might need to be induced also, but it's no big thing, and has been safe for over 20 years.

At any rate, keep in regular contact with your doctor, have the emergency number ready and have your stuff packed.

Good luck, and let us know when you bring your 'bundle of joy' home!

Hypatia Posts: 163, Reputation: 27

Mar 29, 2006, 12:31 AM
    It is common for the mucus plug to never move. My doc with my first loosened my membrane to help me go into labor, 3 days after the procedure. I had to have my water broken with both of my pregnancies no less. When your water breaks you will know it breaks. For some it is a trickle, for some a gush. But in the end, it all happens the same way. A baby is born.

Hypatia

Mar 29, 2006, 10:50 AM
    :D I had her last Tuesday the 21st! I had a bloody show just before I went to the hospital and my water broke on it own on the table! I was only there for 2 1/2 hours before my beautiful daughter Moriah Natalie was born. 8 pounds 2 ounces and very healthy! Thank you for everyone's help!
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Mar 29, 2006, 03:41 PM
    CONGRATS!! Figured that that might what it was. I hope you and the baby are happy and healthy. Get what rest you can hun and remember to ask for help when you need it... Trust me you'll need it... lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mucus plug [ 15 Answers ]

I'm slightly concerned that I might be losing bits and pieces of my mucus plug. I had an incedent a couple of weeks ago when I passed something about the size of a dime though I didn't get a really good look at it. About a week ago I wiped and found a bit of what looked like cornstarch when you mix...

Mix match plug and receptacle [ 5 Answers ]

Can I wire a 20 amp, 3 pole, 4 wire grounding locking plug to a 50 amp 2 pole 3 wire receptacle? I would like to use a portable generator in a remote area.

Mucous in dogs poop [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone please help me, my poor Toby as a mucous in his poop. He seems to have try many times before he fully expels. What could this be and how can I fix it? Thanks Toby's mom:)

Gfi plug [ 1 Answers ]

The GFI plug in my guest bath is about 3 months old. Yesterday it reset and I noticed that some of my plugs were not working. I hit the test button and the yellow light came on and when I hit reset, the light went off but my other plugs were still "dead". I plugged a lamp into the bottom switch...

View more questions Search