Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blindbo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 06:04 PM
    New 68" Hampton fan runs slow
    Hampton Bay Altura runs slow, even on high speed.
    I suspect the motor is running perfect, just under powered.
    I cannot find a motor spec anywhere.
    Can anyone confirm my suspicion?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2008, 10:15 PM
    I suspect you are correct. No residential fan should be larger than 52", 56" at the most, without running slow.
    Calimagne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2013, 01:38 PM
    I checked an Altura ceiling fan (cannot remember the diameter). On LO: 35 RPM, on MED: 65 RPM on HI: also 65 RPM. I cannot get the fan run faster than 65 RPM. No clue why.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My polaris 380 runs slow [ 1 Answers ]

I changed booster pump , and had sweeper checked by dealer I changed disk from red to blue can it be the way they istalled my pipes in ground?

Water runs slow [ 1 Answers ]

I really appreciate the help I received from an earlier problem. Now my problem is that the water in the tub comes out slower. How can I build up the pressure, so that the water fills the tub faster.:D

AC fan runs slow, but switch to heat fan runs normal [ 3 Answers ]

The other morning I came into the house and noticed the ac was not working. I turned off the breaker to the unit for a few minutes. Then turned it back on. Went to the thermostat pushed it over to auto and the fan came on but ran very slow. I them turned it off. Then turn on the heat, the fan...

Blower runs on "ON", but not on "Auto" [ 3 Answers ]

Hello All, I have a Goodman COMBINATION HEATING AND COOLING OUTDOOR UNITS PG/PGX SERIES (100K BTU). It failed to warm the space. The fan would not run on “ON” or “Auto” mode. Upon investigating, there is no power to the unit due to 25 amps fuses blown. Replaced with new fuses. Power was...

Pc runs real slow [ 5 Answers ]

Awhile ago my computer got like 7 viruses but Norton said it autodeleted all of them. But since then the computer has been running real slow. Taking about a minute to change pages. When it first happened the internet wouldn't even come up and most programs would take 5 minutes before coming up....

View more questions Search