Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmcberry Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2006, 09:50 AM
    Light-bulb change in HB fixture?
    The condo unit I bought has a Hampton Bay light fixture in the kitchen (flushmount, 2-lights, 60w, frosted glass)... this sounds funny to type these words, but how do I change the bulbs? Does the glass portion unscrew? Does the fixture pull-down from the ceiling? I am very hesitant to monkey around with the fixture, given the very strict rules and regs. In place by the Association.

Just wanted to hopefully get some feedback before my two left hands touched the fixture.

Thanks in advance!
    kmcberry Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2006, 11:10 AM
    Anyone out there have any response(s) to my questions? Many thanks in advance... need help!
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2006, 11:22 AM
    I left this one alone for ceilingfanrepair guy, guess he missed it. Most globes have small screws on the side, usually three, that you unscrew to release the globe. I am sure if you had those you would have seen them and not need to ask.

If you do not see any screws, some globes either twist off, or are held in by springs. This is what I think you have. You can grip the globe with two hands and gently but firmly pull down. You are pulling against springs, they may resist a bit and then just release suddenly. Just be ready to keep your hands on the globe so it does not get away from you.

Give these ideas a try. Get back if you need more help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Light bulb broke in ceiling fan [ 5 Answers ]

A light bulb blew in my son's ceiling fan. When my husband went to replace it the bulb shattered and the silver metal surrounding it, flakes off when we try to untwist the bulb. The metal is almost like foil now and when you try and turn the base of the bulb it will not budge. If you try to turn it...

How do you change lightbulbs on an enclosed ceiling fixture? [ 2 Answers ]

This one's Hampton Bay and the electrical people took the instructions with them when they left months ago. I don't know how to get the outer ring, which is plastic, off the glass part so I can change the lightbulbs. Do I pry it off with a screwdriver or does it screw off? I've tried to do the...

Toyota Camry light bulb replacement [ 3 Answers ]

The light bulb has burnt out on the gear shift assembly. I have a 1998 Totoyta Camry. How do I get in to replace it. Thanks Pam

Why is my fan fluorescent light bulb flickering? [ 2 Answers ]

10:25 AM 2/13/2006 I recently installed a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan w/florescent light kit. To control the fan and light I installed a remote switch manufactured by the same company, Harbor Breeze. The problem I am having is the fluorescent light is constantly flickering, whether the fan is...

How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? [ 5 Answers ]

Golden Retriever The sun is shining, the day is young, we've got our whole lives ahead of us, and you're inside worrying about a stupid burned out bulb? Border Collie Just one. And then I'll replace any wiring that's not up to code. Dachshund You know I can't reach that stupid lamp! ...

View more questions Search