Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    j-hjk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2008, 01:58 PM
    Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan/Light Trouble
    To install the fan need a White/Black/Blue/Ground(green)

I have a black wire and 3 white wires coming from the ceiling.

I know black matches black but what about the 3 white wires? Should they all connect to the white ceiling fan wire? Or should I split them so 1 can go to the blue ceiling fan wire?

Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 10, 2008, 05:38 PM
    All the whites stay together plus fan white, then hook fan blue and black to ceiling black.
    They will switch together or pull chain if black is a constant hot.
    They make a remote unit that will allow separate control even thouugh you have only 1 hot.
    j-hjk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2008, 07:00 PM
    Yes you are correct :)

I read on another site to do the same thing you said, I tried it, and it works.

The way our house was built, I could ground it to the metal box the wires were coming out of.

Thank you very much!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 10, 2008, 08:35 PM
    The "Other" site may have gotten answer from here, He He. Take Care
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 19, 2008, 07:50 PM
    Or here:

Ceiling fan wiring - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan w/ Light [ 11 Answers ]

Please help! I cannot figure out how to change the burnt out light in my ceiling fan. I have tried turning the glass portion, but it won't budge. Any ideas? I've tried the Harbor Breeze website, but cannot find the manual online. :( Thanks!

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan With Neon Light Kit [ 5 Answers ]

I have purchased and installed a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan with a blue neon light kit. It was neat at first, but I am trying to sell my home and really need a more conservative light kit. Does anyone have any ideas where I can find a replacement or if it can be replaced at all? Please advise. ...

Harbor breeze ceiling fan light wiring [ 1 Answers ]

How to wire Harbor Breeze Avian Ceiling fan light-followed instructions-has a remote-fan works fine-light doesn't-manual says blue remote to blue light wire-tried wiring blue to black ac power-no luck-HELP

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Light & Fan Remote [ 1 Answers ]

I saw someone say they by-passed the remote. How would I do this. I know nothing about this thing except it is not working. How do you change "dip" settings? Obviously, I need help, but right now I just want to have some air. Thanks:p

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan Light Kit [ 3 Answers ]

I'm replacing an old ceiling fan. The fan was controlled by the pull chain and the light by the wall switches (2 three-way). The new fan is a Harbor Breeze. Installed it, the light works with either 3-way switch. The fan works fine on all speeds. However, when the fan is turned on with the light...

View more questions Search