Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juiced Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 12:30 PM
    How to install a remote to a hunter ceiling fan/light fixture with 4 black, 4 white,
    Install a hunter remote to a hunter ceiling fan/light fixture
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 5, 2008, 02:20 PM
    See if these wiring instructions answer your question:

Ceiling fan wiring - Ceiling Fans N More

If not, you will need to post a more specific question.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 5, 2008, 02:21 PM
    Wait a second, I just saw your subject. Four black and four white? From where? Are there any striped wires?
    Tom73 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2012, 10:11 AM
    I have hunter fan with light,I want to wire in a remote. The fan has 2 black wires 1 has white strip I don't know witch one is for fan and with one for is the light? Tom
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 25, 2012, 10:43 AM
    The black with white strip is most likely the light. If you want to verify that, disconnect the black with white strip and see if light will come on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing light fixture- wires ( red, black and white?) [ 24 Answers ]

Just changed light fixture. When I put the power back on the light worked but the switch on the wall will not shut the light off. In the ceiling there was 3 wires. One black,one white and one red. The fixture that I put up has only black, white and ground. So I attached the black to black,...

Hunter Ceiling Fan/Light w/remote installation [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, I am have a hunter ceiling fan and I am having trouble installing this correctly. From the ceiling of the wall I have 4 wires (Red/ Black/ White/ and bare Copper). From the fan there is are only 3 (Black/ White / Green). Please assist me with installing this fan. I have tripped the...

Replacing a ceiling fan with fixture that only has black & white wires [ 3 Answers ]

I am replacing a ceiling fan and there is a red, black and white wire in the ceiling box. It appears the switch is connected to the black (top connection) & red (bottom connection) on the light switch. The ceiling fixture only has a black & white wires. When I connect black to black and white...

Hunter fan remote install [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to install a hunter fan remote to a hunter fan. Nothing works. The remote has a black (hot) line, white (common) line, fan in, light in and common lines. Coming from the fan itself are a black line, black with white stripe, white and green line (ground). From the ceiling I...

Harbor Breze Fan w/remote & light fixture [ 1 Answers ]

I just got the fan second hand and the remote does not turn the light completely off. The fan part works great. I did purchase another remote. Hope this will work. I also need a bulb that goes into that light and my Lowe's store could not cross it for me. Do you have instructions on how to...

View more questions Search