Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sneffanie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2006, 07:52 AM
    Line Voltage Flexible Trach Kit
    I installed the track as instructed. I attached a couple of the fixtures, but they would not light. I do have electricity around the track, checking with a voltage detector, but the lights do not light. What could the problem be?
    Thank you.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2006, 07:59 AM
    Could be several things, knowing the brand name of the track and the type of heads would help.

Could be the track head connector into the track is not in properly, most need to be inserted into the track then turned 90 deg to cause the contacts on the track head to make contact with the bus bar in the track.

May be there is a switch on the track head, or the lamp is not seated properly into the lamp socket.

And it is possible that the lamps are no good.
    sneffanie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2006, 08:05 AM
    We just purchased the Hampton Bay Line Voltage Flexible Track Kit yesterday at Home Depot. The fixtures 5-50 watt mesh shade fixtures clamp onto the track they do not twist in. the Model number is 338-910. Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2006, 08:12 AM
    Ahh good old Hampton Bay,sorry but there is no specification detail available for HB, only sold by Home Depot. There are only pictures available for this brand, no detailed drawings, measurement, etc.

Do yourself a favor and return this junk, get your money back and purchase some track lighting that will work when you first install it, and continue to work without any troubles.

Popular names of track lighting maunfacturers are Light-o-Lier, Juno, and Halo.

Note that this is a kit, that is suppose to go together smoothly and work. If the track heads do not twist somehow into the track, the contacts on the track head connector, the small metal, usually brass, contacts, need to make contact with the copper bars that are inside each side of the track, then the light will not work.

Look through the electrical forum and you will only see problems with Hampton Bay products, you will not see the brands I have mentioned because they will always work properly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Install Flexible Tap Saddle [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All, Can anyone point me in the right direction? I need to tap into an existing Cast Iron 4" Waste Stack to add a connection for a washing machine. I found "Flexible Tap Saddles" that look like they would do the trick http://www.fernco.com/TS.asp but am not sure what I will need to cut a...

Flexible Budget [ 1 Answers ]

What is its purpose? eliminate cyclical fluctuations in producation reports by ignoring variable costs compare actual and budgeted results at virtually every level of production reduce total time in preparing actual budget I think it is the second one, does a1 disagree?

Flexible conduit limitations [ 5 Answers ]

I am rerouting wires in a condo. The original construction has every wire running through rigid conduit. It would be much easier for me to use flexible conduit for the reroutes. Are there any limitations to the length of a flex run? Can sections of rigid conduit be interspersed when it is...

Dref:flexible company [ 1 Answers ]

Do you agree only flexible & responsive company can success in noises & disorganize environment?

Replaced Main Water Line, Now Shower Line Is Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We had a leak, so we had the water line and sewage line from the house to the street replaced. Now we have no water in the shower. Some debris most have clogged up the line coming into the shower. All the other lines are fine. My Dad is somewhat of a handyman and wants to fix the problem...

View more questions Search