Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elecnovice Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2006, 12:03 PM
    Hampton Bay Track Lighting
    I am installing Hampton Bay track lighting in my kitchen. I am wanting to use the H design with two parallel tracks. Using two 4' bars on each side connected with a 2' bar in the middle. We have one side hooked up but when we tried to put the T connector in the other side it would not fit. Do we have to use two 2' foot tracks in the middle to connect the parallel tracks?

Thanks.
    Elecnovice
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2006, 12:26 PM
    The small amount of info at Home Depot about the Hampton Bay track TEE,states that it can be rotated 180 deg. Can you see if the bottom of the TEE,the | part, not the --, can be moved and turned around.

The issues is the each side of track is different, or polarized, so that the hot leg is different than the neutral leg. When you use the same TEE on the other side of the H, the track tee cannot match because you have turned it around and it is opposite of what you need.

In other words,there should be a right hand and a left hand TEE. Lightolier , a popular lighting manufacturer, makes their TEE not polorized, so it can be used in either dircetion.

So best I can see is that HB allows for the TEE to be taken apart so the joiner can be turned to match in the other direction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Track Lighting head [ 3 Answers ]

How do I go about purchasing a new nickel-finished Hampton Bay Track lighting head. I think the model number is RKI 610543. Not available at Home Depot in other than black & white finishes.

Track lighting question [ 2 Answers ]

Hopefully an easy one for you guys: I am replacing track lighting in my house (built in '97). The new track has black, white and green wires. The exisiting junction box in the ceiling has a yellow and a white wire with no ground. Should I wire yellow-->black and white-->white? Can I ground...

Hampton bay track lighting [ 1 Answers ]

We just installed a hampton by track and bought Halo by Laser lights. Nothing is working. Are they not combatible? They are both "3-wire" systems, (I believe called "H" systems) with 2 wires on one side and one on the other.

Hampton Bay Track Lighting Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I just install 3 8' sections of track lighting. The first section works fine. The 2nd and 3rd sections do not. They are connected by the 90' connectors and look to be fine but the lights do no work. Tried the lights that Do work on the first section also so I know it isn't the lights. Does it...

Hampton Bay Track Lighting [ 1 Answers ]

I have Hampton Bay track lighting in a bathroom and now two of the heads will not work, I have replaced with new heads and still will not work, can move the last two heads that do work to any place on the track and they work. Have replaced bulbs with one that have confirmed working.

View more questions Search