Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xwsmx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 12:46 PM
    How to wire from ceiling to remote to ceiling fan
    Ok, so here's a summary:

I installed a Harbor Breeze Airspan 69" fan, it was mostly pretty simple, but it was the first ceiling fan I've installed that was remote only (no switches).

So upon completion the motors for each fan worked, even all the different speeds, but the light did not come on. I changed bulbs to no avail. So I have unwired everything and am ready for another attempt with some advice.

My ceiling does have the orange wire for lighting, but the inputs for the remote only have black and white, however it has black white and blue going out to the fan. When I originally hooked it up I capped off and DID NOT use the orange wire... so my thinking is hook up the orange and black from the ceiling to the black input wire for the remote, but I would love to get confirmation of this before trying or else what exactly should be done.

*** now I have currently hooked up black to blakc white to white and the red/orange is now hooked up at the blue wire going to the motor along with the blue wire that does indeed run to the motor, this has allowed the light to be in, BUT does NOT respond to the remote.

Thank you in advance and I will definitely give an update when I get it working!
    xwsmx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 01:11 PM
    ??
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 5, 2008, 03:07 PM
    It sounds like something is wrong with the remote unit, if the light was not working from the remote when it was wired correctly, but IS working when you bypass the remote unit. Return it to the store and/or contact the manufacturer for a replacement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to change ceiling fan remote batteries on a hamilton bay remote control unit [ 3 Answers ]

Before I break the darn thing, can you tell me if the back panel comes off or if I have to unscrew the top and bottom screws?

Wire up a ceiling fan with a remote,does anyone have a diagram for hamilton b [ 3 Answers ]

How do you wire up a ceiling fan with a reomote,does anyone have a diagram for hamilton bay or hunter ceiling fan that have a soundway remote?

Ceiling fan remote [ 1 Answers ]

We have had our ceilin fan operating for at least four years. The remote suddenly stopped working. I replaced the batteries and I can not control the fan. Why?

Connecting a ceiling fan with a 2 wire remote [ 4 Answers ]

I have a ceiling fan with black and a white wire that connects to the supplied voltage. The problem is that I have 4 wires (Red, white black and bare). Which wires do I connect to the remote? The output of the remote is Blue, Black, White and Ground.

How do I correctly wire a new ceiling fan (with a remote) when there are 2 switches? [ 9 Answers ]

I am trying to replace an old ceiling fan (that had a light) with a newer version that has a remote to control both the light and fan. The old fan was wired to work on 2 separate switches - one for the light (I'll call it switch #1) and one for the fan (switch #2). There is a third switch in the...

View more questions Search