Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    idiot5702 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2008, 05:17 PM
    Fluorescent light will not light on ceiling fan
    I have a model #357630 Renaissance Hampton Bay ceiling fan. For a good 6 months the light would come on all by it's self. Today, I took the canopy down and found that the receiver was burned and melted a little. First I tried to wire it without a receiver, I could get the fan to work but not the fluorescent light. I have the same fan in another room so I tried the bulb and it works fine. I went to Homedepot and found a Hampton Bay hand held wireless remote #191-691 I noticed that the receiver did not have the same number of wires coming out of it as the original. I wired it up the fan works fine but the light does not come on. I looked at the instructions and the last thing they tell you is (INCANDESCENT ONLY). I called their toll free number twice left my name and number twice all their techs are out to lunch.
    Is it possible to wire this without the receiver and get the light to work?
    Does someone carry a wireless remote package that works with a fluorescent light ?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2008, 07:16 PM
    You will need the original receiver. Contact Hampton Bay via the number in our sticky and order one. Sucks, doesn't it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remote control on ceiling fan with a fluorescent light [ 4 Answers ]

I purchase a Home Depot ceiling fan with a fluorescent light. I bought a remote control for the fan but it cannot control the fluorescent light. Any thoughts on how I may reconfigure the wiring to use the remote? Thanks, Dan

Fluorescent light fixture [ 4 Answers ]

I have a problem my friend has a fluorescent light fixture when he turn on the lights they stay bright for a while and then they go dim. This is what I did so far I change the Ballast light clips and the blubs but I am still having the same problem. Is there anything I might be over looking ...

Stuck string on ceiling fan/light combo light side [ 1 Answers ]

I have a ceiling fan/single light combo, and the pull string to switch on the light is stuck... How do I dismantle the light fixture part to get at the string?. Will I need to replace anything inside?

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan with Fluorescent Light Remote [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell me how I can get my Hampton Bay Remote to work as I inadvertently somehow programed my light and fan fixture to go on a light delay mode for 2 hours and I cannot get the darn thing to work normally. There is also a small flickering bar with an X icon that comes on the viewing panel on...

New Fluorescent Light bulbs and their use [ 9 Answers ]

I’m sure this has been asked … but I am looking at these 13Watt replacement bulbs that are 60 Watt replacements. Now, I have light fixtures in my house, which are all labeled with Use 60 Watt Maximum. Can I use a higher Fluorescent (and hence get more Light Output) into some of my darker...

View more questions Search