Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dartagnon Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 05:09 PM
    Leviton wireless 3-way switch won't work
    I have a Leviton wireless light switch control installed to control one circuit (ceiling lights) in a 3-way configuration. There is a hard wired switch (receiver?) at one switch control, the second light switch is disabled. The "remote" unit is powered by battery and attaches to any surface with sticky tape (mine wall mounted upstairs from the switch which is controlled). My problem is that the lights go on randomly by themselves without signal from remote. This started after I installed a new garage door opener and I suspect there is interference with the remote (RF signals) from this unit. The wireless set-up does have "A" and "B" selections (different frequencies) but I have not been able to use any but the "A" configuration (perhaps the transmitter-receiver is bad?). I am not able to find users manuals, troubleshooter, or any other advice on line. Is there a remedy for my problem? Should I simply buy another unit? Thanks for any help.
    Dartagnon
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2008, 06:23 AM
    Are you changing to "B" on both units. X10 Also make a 3 way wireless, if I remember it has several codes to choose from. Are you sure it only happens with the Garage Door remote and not a neighbors?

Apr 4, 2008, 11:31 AM
    Thanks for your post. More information... 1) I discovered the "a/b" switch is located on the back of the hard wired component; 2) it isn't a 3-way config after all since a nulled the 2nd hard wired switch; 3) when both Leviton components switched to "B" the wireless seems to work fine AND I no longer have the renegade "on" activity. I did notice that the hard wired component is really hot ( I mean hot ), so I'm suspecting a fault of some sort. I bought a new wireless switch unit and will install this if this persists (who needs a house fire?)
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2008, 07:16 AM
    What is the total wattage of connected bulbs?

Apr 7, 2008, 07:52 PM
    That's a great question. I'm afraid it's a LOT (at least 600 Watts... maybe more)
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2008, 06:49 AM
    Many controls only handle 600 Watts. If lights total more than 600 Watts a relay could be used to lift the load from the 3 way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leviton PR180 single switch sensor issue [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn on my PR180 (auto mode), it seems to work one time... and then gets "stuck" with the light on. I can see into the closet under the door, so I can tell what the light is doing without triggering the sensor. Turn switch to auto... sensor senses me and turns on. Leave the closet......

Leviton 057 Dimmer switch [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I have a Leviton 057 dimmer switch with two black wires and one that is green. The box in my apartment has two wires--both black, but one is much thicker than the other. I don't have the means of testing to see which is live. Can anyone please tell me which wires go where? Thanks for...

Leviton PR180 without switch [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased the Leviton PR180 and I would like to know if I can install without the switch. Could you please send to me the diagram? Thanks in advance, Marcelo Tralhao

Questions on wiring up a Leviton PR180 Motion Activated Switch [ 1 Answers ]

Newbie here - hopefully you guys can give me some help on a wiring question. I have two boxes - box 1, which is where I would like to put the PR180, has the following wires: Hot, Traveler A and Traveler B. Box 2, which is where the normal 3-way switch is, has Traveler A, Traveler B and what I...

View more questions Search